For the Stage

Sep 3, 2007
Kentucky - Temporarily
For stage?

I have a buddy here in the states who uses the McCombical Deck in a stage routine that goes over really well. Dream of Aces with a camera hookup is really one of the best card effects for stage in my opinion, as well as card manipulation.

|| sean ||

Alot of mental card effects are actually best suited for stage. Ted Lesley's "Pre-Monition" from his Paramiracles book is one of the best I can think of. Basically a card is thought of and named. A spectator goes over to a bucket and removes a envelope or large coin purse containing a deck of cards. They find that the deck only has 51 cards, there's is missing. Another spectator then removes the thought of card from the performers (otherwise empty) pocket... Freaking amazing routine.

Also, the McCombical Prediction (if that is the same as the McCombical deck then please correct me, Tempest) also plays quite well on stage.

Sharp

Oct 24, 2007
besides Dream of aces i think doing the invisible deck with Bill Malone's presentation is an awesome effect, (you tube it) its very visual and funny

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Any nice routine is good enough.
Try and pick up Full Metal Jacket by Syd Segal that can be bought through dananddave.com.
It has very good routines that will fool laymen and other magicians a like. My favorite of course it's the featured effect there called "A Logical Lesson"

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
Cards across, card in mouth, card on forehead, card to fly, even a himber wallet can play right. However, I suggest using jumbo index for higher visibility, OR if you want to be silly buy Lo-vision cards. Those crack me up.

Sep 1, 2007
Another vote for Bill Malone's presentation for the Invisible Deck. I had great fun with this at my last gig!

Cards across can be a great bit of stage magic - again, Bill Malone has some great touches on this. Mac King manges to squeeze a whole lot of comedy and magic out of this one as well.

Tossed out deck is another one, again mentioned in here.

The other direction to take with cards on stage is in terms of manipulations and productions - see Jeff McBride for the obvious example.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results