Forcing a Card

Feb 18, 2011
Under your bed
The best way to force a card (IMO) is the 'Riffle Force'. You can learn that in the book 'Royal Road to Card Magic' by Jean Hugard and Fredrick Braue.

Another good way is the 'Classic Force' which is best explained in 'Card College Vol. 1' by Roberto Giobbi.

Hope this helps.
-M

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
There are MANY ways to force a card which can be found on DVDs as well as books.

A very easy beginner force for newbie is simply the cross cut force, which done correctly with a moment or two of byplay and patter flies right by people.

Another beginner force you could look into is the Hindu Shuffle Force which can be done very easily and looks fair to layman.

A Slip Cut force is also useful but looks horrible if not executed correctly.

The Classic Force is a thing of beauty and will take you a VERY long time to perform it flawlessly. There are so many things that take place during a good classic force. One of the best I have seen is Anthony Gerard.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I've been classic forced on by a experienced magician.

It is surely a thing of beauty. If you take down the time to master then...then you've got quite the thing going for you.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I always attempt to classic force using Shoot Ogawa's theories on the force, but I also have a card ready to be cull forced if the classic force misses.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
I would be doing a simple force to where a spectator selects a card and it's the forced card. Very Simple.

And i've been meaning to do forces with groups to 2-10

I would recommend the riffle force, as others have. Just be sure that if the crowd is on the larger side of that spectrum that they form an arc around your front.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Another consideration...can you see the forced card? It does make a difference.

The riffle force is a good all-around force, as is the classic (if you get it down properly).

Basic forces (as Rick Everhart pointed out) are very deceptive if your effect/routine are structured properly.

for 1-5 people I would use a force where the spectator can touch the cards (Cross cut, classic...) but larger than that the riffle is good because you can pick someone who isn't right next to you to help and just tell them to 'say stop whenever..'

There is always forcing decks as well...but that'll depend on your effect (makes your ACR look like REAL magic!!!)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results