Fournier 605

Hi guys..
I just got 605 last week and when im play with it im handle so different with other playing card.
The stock so thick and they have different surface like USPC cards.

Did anyone know how to maintain this card to make long lasting?

And how may of you own 605 already?
Share your experience with me..thanks^^

Jul 25, 2009
Boone, NC
I own a deck of lee's 605s and i love them. I didnt at first mind you, but they grow on you. Just keep working with them an hour a day (but ALWAYS wash your hands first) for about 10-12 days and theyll wear in nicely.
The cards are naturally long lasting because of the stock and finish.
Just keep working with them and youll learn to love them. :)
-Dakota.

the Fournier cards are not meant to fan and spread, keep that in mind. As far as taking care of them, you don't need to worry about that because they are made to last, but it doesn't hurt to use common sense on how you should taking care of your cards. Even though they are made to last, but it doesn't mean they are indestructible.

Dec 31, 2010
Lee Asher himself told me you can take a SLIGHTLY damp clothe, wipe them clean and dry them IMMEDIATELY one at a time. Only do this every couple months. He showed me his deck that is 11 months old and looks great and it works great. He was also nice enough to give me an uncut sheet of his 605's SIGNED when I met him.

Lee Asher himself told me you can take a SLIGHTLY damp clothe, wipe them clean and dry them IMMEDIATELY one at a time. Only do this every couple months. He showed me his deck that is 11 months old and looks great and it works great. He was also nice enough to give me an uncut sheet of his 605's SIGNED when I met him.

wow mr. lee so nice...
when i can get the uncut sheet..:p

I own a deck of lee's 605s and i love them. I didnt at first mind you, but they grow on you. Just keep working with them an hour a day (but ALWAYS wash your hands first) for about 10-12 days and theyll wear in nicely.
The cards are naturally long lasting because of the stock and finish.
Just keep working with them and youll learn to love them. :)
-Dakota.

this is my 3rd day holding the 605 and its so nice and so thick(which i love it).
the only problem when the card drop on the floor and touch my ceramic floor and it got defect on the border..
how to maintain this card from that situation?

also i wash my and and use moisturizer(nivea creme) coz winter so dry and my hand got damn dry.
do i have to use moisturizer or just none...??

Feb 4, 2008
They are actually not thick. Stiffer.... yes, but thicker...no. Measure then ment to bikes some time. That is why I love them so much. It makes a stiff deck more manageable. Piatniks feel almost the same as Fourniers but they are as thick as an 808...if not more...and they don't handle nearly as well as the 605s. As for what to do to make them last. Use and abuse them all you like. Then follow the arore mentioned technique to clean them up. I purposly went ouy of my way to beat the crap out of the Fourniers for a review I did about a year ago.( http://forums.theory11.com/showthre...-Review-(Lee-Asher-Series)&highlight=Fournier ) That deck still lasted over four months. Heck the only reason I really retired it was to start stripping it for gaffs. When I treat bikes as abusively they last a week...maybe two tops. If you treat them with kid gloves they will last a LOOOONG time.

One thing you might do to break the fan in quicker is to break the deck in 1/2 an do smaller fans while applying lots of pressue. I find doing this helps break in the varnish evenly. You should be getting fans close to Bike quality within a few days. I'm sure you will love the cards. My all time #1.

They are actually not thick. Stiffer.... yes, but thicker...no. Measure then ment to bikes some time. That is why I love them so much. It makes a stiff deck more manageable. Piatniks feel almost the same as Fourniers but they are as thick as an 808...if not more...and they don't handle nearly as well as the 605s. As for what to do to make them last. Use and abuse them all you like. Then follow the arore mentioned technique to clean them up. I purposly went ouy of my way to beat the crap out of the Fourniers for a review I did about a year ago.( http://forums.theory11.com/showthre...-Review-(Lee-Asher-Series)&highlight=Fournier ) That deck still lasted over four months. Heck the only reason I really retired it was to start stripping it for gaffs. When I treat bikes as abusively they last a week...maybe two tops. If you treat them with kid gloves they will last a LOOOONG time.

One thing you might do to break the fan in quicker is to break the deck in 1/2 an do smaller fans while applying lots of pressue. I find doing this helps break in the varnish evenly. You should be getting fans close to Bike quality within a few days. I'm sure you will love the cards. My all time #1.

wow...
its a great review..
i hope i can feel the same thing during experience with this 605 card.
but im a bit scare to wash the card:p

is it only take a wet clothes and wipe on the surfece of the card?

Jan 4, 2011
couldn't you just use some good ol' fanning powder to make the cards more submissive to you? when I find a deck that gives me problems with flourishes, I just break out the fanning powder and bob's your uncle. just a thought. let me know how it goes.

Feb 4, 2008
Washing.
1. Don't bother washing until they really need it. I was pretty abusive, cards were dropped on floors, I didn't always wash my hands before practice, and so forth, and I still didn't wash them until after a full month.
2. When washing the cloth should be "moist" not wet! Wet a clean cloth at ring it out thoroughly.
3. Wipe from inside(center of the card) to out(the edge of the card.) The varnish is pretty bomb proof so the only place moisture can penetrate it and weaken the black liner board is on the extreme edges of the card. So to avoid this be sure to be pushing the rag away from the edge as opposed to towards the edge.

Fanning Powder-
Not recommended. Not needed IMO. These cards will never fan as well as USPCC cards but they can fan pretty well if you just work with them and break them in. A lot of us are used to breaking a card in in a few days and then using it for a few weeks. You just need to be patient with a 605 and change your thinking a bit. These may take a full week to break in but once you do so they should last months. Also, I believe(don't use the stuff myself) that fanning powder works better with dimpled(Airflow) style surfaces than a smooth surfaced deck.

Washing.
1. Don't bother washing until they really need it. I was pretty abusive, cards were dropped on floors, I didn't always wash my hands before practice, and so forth, and I still didn't wash them until after a full month.
2. When washing the cloth should be "moist" not wet! Wet a clean cloth at ring it out thoroughly.
3. Wipe from inside(center of the card) to out(the edge of the card.) The varnish is pretty bomb proof so the only place moisture can penetrate it and weaken the black liner board is on the extreme edges of the card. So to avoid this be sure to be pushing the rag away from the edge as opposed to towards the edge.

Fanning Powder-
Not recommended. Not needed IMO. These cards will never fan as well as USPCC cards but they can fan pretty well if you just work with them and break them in. A lot of us are used to breaking a card in in a few days and then using it for a few weeks. You just need to be patient with a 605 and change your thinking a bit. These may take a full week to break in but once you do so they should last months. Also, I believe(don't use the stuff myself) that fanning powder works better with dimpled(Airflow) style surfaces than a smooth surfaced deck.

what do you mean by "moist" just wet the clothes with water and let it a bit dry??

Feb 4, 2008
DON'T TRY it until you NEED to! You will notice from my reveiw that I didn't wash mine until after a month....and I mean a month of serious abuse. I went out of my way to trash that deck and it still took me a month before I felt it was ready for a cleaning. I just wanted to make that VERY clear. They can be cleaned but I still don't recommend doing it unless absolutely needed. After my third washing(4th month) the washing started to delaminate the edges of the varnish and the cards were basically kaput! If you are easier on a deck of cards than I was then a Fournier should last you a year no problem but if you wash more than necessary you could actually shorten it's life span.

And yes...I meant a lightly dampened cloth. Wet it and wring the cloth out thuroughly.

Hope that clears things up.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results