Free service and Favorite Openers

Jan 9, 2011
Hello there. So it's my last year in college and this spring break I'm planning on going with a large group to Vegas. Because of this I picked up magic that I haven't touched for a while. I have a few routines now and a few closers, but not as many organic openers as I'd like. Also without abusing the magic I'd like to try to charm my way into as many free tickets/drinks as possible. With that in mind,

- In a setting like a street, bar, or lounge, what is your favorite opener? How do you get people to ask YOU for magic instead of going up to people and asking THEM if they wanted to see a magic trick?

- Once in routine, what methods do you guys find most successful into getting free "service"? Have you guys framed your routines to get a free drink or a free movie ticket etc?

So far the only openers I have are the KAPS on fire and a simple card spring (which is surprisingly effective).

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Well...for an opener I've always liked flash deck. There is also an effect where you smash a beer bottle cap flat that is a good opener [pick the cap up off the floor and ask the bartender if he dropped it, and then smash it flat]. It's incredibly easy, I'm sure you could work out a method.

It isn't really an opener but you could also do cap in beer bottle.

As far as organic magic goes, my favorites have been 'Exit Strategy,' 'Stairway,' 'Slow Motion Coins,' 'De'Ring,' and a few others.

If you have any questions on these effects or where to find them or anything else, LMK!

Jan 31, 2010
What if, at a bar, you took bottle caps and arbitrarily turned them into coins? You could run a light patter about how you like collecting bottles to return for nickels, but that the caps ares actually worth more. You just have to know how to get the money (change the cap to a quarter or something at this point).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results