Freedom Pack Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2010
Ok so I got Justin Miller's Freedom Pack in the mail a few days ago and have been playing around with it a lot, so I decided to make a review.

DVD: First of all, being produced by Paul Harris, the quality is amazing. The DVD is filmed inside of a forest which Justin says is "to go with the Freedom" or something like that. Justin teaches everything you need to do to set everything up and perform the trick. His teaching is very good, so no complaints there. He also teaches you how to make the gimmick if yours for whatever reason breaks or you lose or something like that. He teaches you a few ways to make the box appear, as well as an ambitious card sequence. There is a bonus trick on there called "BrainFreeze" In which a card from a red deck is selected, signed, and placed back into the middle. Then suddenly, out of nowhere, a blue box appears, and you take the cards out, all of which are now blue. There card is the only red one remaining. This trick is brilliant as well, although you will need a few extra gaffs for it. He says on the dvd that the idea for the trick actually came from a dream which I found funny. Anyways its a very solid routine and a great bonus trick.

Gimmick: The gimmick is extremely clever. Its one of those things where you find yourself saying "Ohhh, why didn't I think of that?" The gimmick itself can also serve as our regular card box, but can't be used for effects with a box such as card to box. The nice thing is that the only things you need to carry with you are your deck and card case, like you regularly would and then you're ready to go. The gimmick is very simple and easy to make. It can be made in about 3-5 minutes. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that you have to turn around when you want to load the gimmick into the deck. Once the gimmick is loaded into the deck, then deck can't be examined, nor used regularly, which I don't like. A lot of people are probably wondering if you can hand the box out after it appears, and no, you can't. But you show it very cleanly and I haven't once been asked if they can examine it. The gimmick supplied is a red back Mandolin Deck, with a gaffed box.

Final Thoughts: A great purchase, and was well worth the money. Spectators freak out and have amazing reactions when the box appears around the deck suddenly and visually. It isn't examinable, but you are left with a regular deck once the box is removed. If you have the money, purchase this effect! You won't regret it!

Overall Rating: 4.5/5 Stars, the only bad thing being that you have to load the gimmick, and that the box isn't examinable once it appears.

Dec 6, 2010
Could you make the gimmick for a jumbo deck of cards so it could be in a stage show where you use the huge cards and then after the routine you do it to box the cards so could you make it for a jumbo deck?

Oct 9, 2010
Could you make the gimmick for a jumbo deck of cards so it could be in a stage show where you use the huge cards and then after the routine you do it to box the cards so could you make it for a jumbo deck?

Theoretically..... Yes. But you'd need big hands and it would be pretty awkward. I doubt it would be very good though.

Apr 18, 2010
lol I thought about that myself...yes you could do it and yes it could work with a little structuring of audience management. I have been playing with a alot of diff ideas. Gum, toothpaste, cigarettes, and some other boxed stuff.
JM

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
lol I thought about that myself...yes you could do it and yes it could work with a little structuring of audience management. I have been playing with a alot of diff ideas. Gum, toothpaste, cigarettes, and some other boxed stuff.
JM

I don't think it is possible with jumbo cards man. The whole reason why everyone is mad about freedom pack is because you made it out to be better than it is. I feel that you are doing the same thing here.
What I believe to be the best product out on the market at the moment is Calen Morelli's DRESSCODE. He put years into making it the best it can be. And when people had questions if it could be done formally he didn't just say yes. He showed them.
If you think it can be done with jumbo cards make a video of you doing it with jumbo cards. Don't just say yes and lead people down a road with no end.

Apr 18, 2010
I know anna your trying soooo hard to make sure people dont buy Fdumb pack ( i love that) and I appreciate your incredible passion to make sure your goals are accomplished but a jumbo Fdumb pack is very possible if you change some structuring in the reveal and in the way you hold the cards...I would love to give you a video but I do not have jumbo cards...tell ya what you send me a pack of jumbo cards and I will make a video of me doing Fdumb pack (ahhh rolls of the tounge) with jumbo cards...whataya say?
JM

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I know anna your trying soooo hard to make sure people dont buy Fdumb pack ( i love that) and I appreciate your incredible passion to make sure your goals are accomplished but a jumbo Fdumb pack is very possible if you change some structuring in the reveal and in the way you hold the cards...I would love to give you a video but I do not have jumbo cards...tell ya what you send me a pack of jumbo cards and I will make a video of me doing Fdumb pack (ahhh rolls of the tounge) with jumbo cards...whataya say?
JM

I'm not gonna send you jumbo cards. You should have them or get them yourself. I would love to see it done with jumbo cards. I honestly have nothing against you man. Don't call your own product FreeDUMB pack. That is just self-degrading.

JM, I think you are being very rude to Anna.

She told you how you could make people buy your effect and you decided to ignorantly tell her to go out and buy jumbo cards for you. You don't have jumbo cards? I'm sure you have a dollar store pretty close to yourself. Go out, buy it, show us a video. Who knows, I may even buy freedom pack then!

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
JM, I think you are being very rude to Anna.

She told you how you could make people buy your effect and you decided to ignorantly tell her to go out and buy jumbo cards for you. You don't have jumbo cards? I'm sure you have a dollar store pretty close to yourself. Go out, buy it, show us a video. Who knows, I may even buy freedom pack then!

It wasn't ignorant at all. Settle down.

Nov 9, 2010
To try and steer this back to topic;

I'll probably be getting this sometime during 2011. It does look good and I've heard great reviews of it when reading about it at different sites and forums. It seems to be a nice closer to closeup card magic.

I'm not going to put any weight on the whereabouts and ways of the inventor. If I were to do that I would have to stay away from a lot of creators in music, movies and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results