FreeRice.com - help provide rice to hungry people for free

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey guys,
Now I know this has nothing to do with magic discussion, I just thought I'd post this so that you guys could all help out. www.FreeRice.com is a website which began just under a month ago. It runs through the United Nations and it's main goals are:
1. Provide English vocabulary to everyone for free.
2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
The basic gist of the site is this - a word appears on screen, and underneath are four possible answers, out of these answers you have to choose the synonym, or the word most alike the original word. For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice are donated to help end world hunger. As I said, this is absolutely free, and you can play for as long as you want. Yesterday my family and I had the web page open, and whenever we had a spare moment we'd do a couple more questions, and we raised over 3500 grains of rice. So come on guys, have a go, improve your vocabulary and help hungry people.
Thanks for reading guys, and I hope you visit the site.
Cheers,

Jackson

p.s. Spread the word about this site if you guys could because it would be a great help. Thanks!

This is beautiful.

It's exactly what our world needs.

Unfortunately I feel so needy to help out somebody that I use the dictionary for a few words... :D

Thanks for posting this. I donated 10 grains! hehe but I'll do more

Aug 31, 2007
This is SUCH a good idea. Its fun, easy and is for a very good cause. I can't believe that it is this easy. I thought I might have to donate money(Which willingly I would do), but this is amazing. I am going to do this for a long time, and donate as much rice as I can.

Consider this link Bookmarked/Favorited :D .

-|P54

Sep 10, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I got to 2320 then gave up because I missed so many and ended up in the vocab lvl 9 section. I also gave up because I couldn't fin the correct answer for this one:

theory means:
taxi
hypothesis
engine
village

Is 11 an answer? No.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results