From shuffled deck to new deck order

Jun 13, 2008
hello, im looking into learning some tabled card magic and am looking for a way to bring a genuinly shuffled pack into new deck order. I have looked through lennart green's master file but did not find a way to take a genuinly shuffled deck and bring it to new deck order secretly ( a move i thought he was going to teach) im not looking to use a cold deck but was wondering where i may be able to find other resources that contain secret deck stacking that could be applied to restore a deck to new deck order. On a similar note: i have used the master file to develop a seperation technique that can bring a deck to new deck order under the guise of trying to memorize the deck order, but i don't think the technique will suffice: the reason i am seeking help

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
It is almost if not impossible to take a genuinely shuffled deck to NDO.

One option is to take a deck from NDO and get the spec to do fairly decent riffle shuffles then with two culls or the LAS you could get it back to NDO.

Alternativly you may want to look at Tamariz Stack as that is one of the huge benefits of the stack you can fairly easily go between NDO and the Stack.

Sep 2, 2007
Brother John hamman addresses this stack, along with other ideas by doing the Chinese shuffle. Basically upjogging the desired card and cutting them. You just present it properly and it makes sense. As well, John Bannon talks about a variation of Arthur Buckley's called " Cull de stack " which secrets but very easily culls any number of desired card while looking for other card. Cull de stack is in "Dea Mr. Fantasy" great book.

Hope this helps

Sep 4, 2010
If you can track it down, check out Karl Hein's "3 Degrees of Separation" DVD set. His technique will bring a shuffled deck into NDO (sort of) after running through the deck 3 times. I say sort of because the deck is brought to A-K, A-K, A-K, A-K order, rather than the common NDO of A-K, A-K, K-A, K-A. However Karl demonstrates it so naturally that it can be done as the audience is watching, in the middle of a performance, and they don't notice a thing. By the way, this is all done in the hands.

-Nicholas

Well, you could show the cards in new deck order, and then do 8 perfect faro shuffles, and that should return them to their original order, but the opposite, sounds awesome though. Maybe Richard Turner has some stuff like that on his DVDs? Maybe someone can chime in, and give you a more researched answer. Good luck!

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
hello, im looking into learning some tabled card magic and am looking for a way to bring a genuinly shuffled pack into new deck order. I have looked through lennart green's master file but did not find a way to take a genuinly shuffled deck and bring it to new deck order secretly ( a move i thought he was going to teach) im not looking to use a cold deck but was wondering where i may be able to find other resources that contain secret deck stacking that could be applied to restore a deck to new deck order. On a similar note: i have used the master file to develop a seperation technique that can bring a deck to new deck order under the guise of trying to memorize the deck order, but i don't think the technique will suffice: the reason i am seeking help

maybe you can do the Juan Tamariz 's trciks, first spectator suffle the deck, then you do a 8 cards oil and water, then a 2 cards location, then the all deck is shuffle and spread face up and you have the red and black separates

Jul 14, 2010
I would just do a deck switch
- less work
- deck can be shuffled in every way
- more deceptive than going through the deck a couple of times and culling all kinds of cards

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results