Fused-New Trick Idea

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
WELL. Since you all hated it, the video is taken off. And i am not 5 or 6, i am 12 and a half. I am astounded at all the un nice ways to say that it was bad. JUst guess that you can't understand that in scotland, hardly anyone in my area is into magic, so i can't practise. I have been doing magic for 3 months now, and after all this, i might give it up. So, bye bye for creating, just sitting around learning and not getting out there is all i have to do now.

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
WELL. Since you all hated it, the video is taken off. And i am not 5 or 6, i am 12 and a half. I am astounded at all the un nice ways to say that it was bad. JUst guess that you can't understand that in scotland, hardly anyone in my area is into magic, so i can't practise. I have been doing magic for 3 months now, and after all this, i might give it up. So, bye bye for creating, just sitting around learning and not getting out there is all i have to do now.

Stop with the sympathy act mate, we said it was bad because it was bloody terrible, and there's no nice way to say that apart from "really sorry mate, that was bloody terrible." As far as I can see no one actually criticsed your idea... so keep creating, but just practice before you perform.

All you need to practice is yourself, I don't see how no one being in your area is a problem. Do you mean that you live in the middle of nowhere? I'm presuming you go to school, there is an entire sea of spectators there ready to practice on. If not? Then you have a video camera. I'm guessing you have a mirror somewhere. There you go.

Don't let people get you down or alter your views, but jesus. If you're not ready to be criticsed, then I hate to say it, but stay off the internet :rolleyes:

Listen kid no offense I didn't know your age but if a little bad criticism makes you quit then maybe magic isn't for you. It takes hours of self training and persistence to do this stuff. I know how you feel when I first started magic when I was 13 I got discouraged and quite after a year of practicing. I picked it back up 2 years later and was only ticked at myself for losing 2 years of practice. It's either in you or not you can't fake being a good entertainer. Thats up to you and be prepared cause there's going to be alot of upsets for you in anything you do its how you recover and what you learn from those failures that separates you from the rest. Hope all goes well.

Oh stop it. We said it was horrible because it was. If you don't practice your effects before you perform them, expect lots more negative criticism where that came from.

I also have no idea what you're talking about when you say that no one near you is into magic. I'm assuming that over the course of the day you come into contact with at least one other human being. Bingo - you've got a spectator. If your presentation is good and you practice, people WILL be interested in your magic and will want to see it.

So, bye bye for creating
Now you've got the right idea. You have no business creating anything after 3 months of magic. Learn the basics, then expand.
If you can't take a little criticism over the internet, you're gong to need to either toughen up or quit magic. I can't imagine what you're going to do if you run into a heckler.
If you want to just sit at home and practice magic in front a mirror all day, then that's your decision. What point were you trying to make here? If you're going to just sit at home and whine about how no one around you is interested in magic, expect people to dislike you. Or you could practice your effects and sleights until your hands hurt and actually go out and perform and get the reactions you've been wanting. Your choice.

If you can't take a little criticism over the internet, you're gong to need to either toughen up or quit magic. I can't imagine what you're going to do if you run into a heckler.

Last edited by a moderator:

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com

I remember being 12, not making an audition, and feeling that I wasn't any good. It sucks. However, you have to realize kids your age, and older are ruthless. They are going to be honest and they usually don't have a way of putting things delicately. I'm a girl and these kids have grilled me good more than once.

What these kids have said shouldn't hurt your feelings. Continue to do your thing, you have no where to go but up. If you are the only person in your area that does magic, keep it up. 3 months is NOTHING... But the fact you had enough confidence to put something up, says a lot about you.

Learn to ignore them, they feel as if all the manners and rules of etiquette have gone out the window in these forums. The quicker you learn that the happier you will be and the better you will take any kind of "help".

Next time, you'll show them!

Katie Egleston

I remember being 12, not making an audition, and feeling that I wasn't any good. It sucks. However, you have to realize kids your age, and older are ruthless. They are going to be honest and they usually don't have a way of putting things delicately. I'm a girl and these kids have grilled me good more than once.

What these kids have said shouldn't hurt your feelings. Continue to do your thing, you have no where to go but up. If you are the only person in your area that does magic, keep it up. 3 months is NOTHING... But the fact you had enough confidence to put something up, says a lot about you.

Learn to ignore them, they feel as if all the manners and rules of etiquette have gone out the window in these forums. The quicker you learn that the happier you will be and the better you will take any kind of "help".

Next time, you'll show them!

Katie Egleston

Your words of wisdom make me wanna do the robot.

Hey, listen to this lady man.....she knows her sheet.

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Lol. I was only joking( a little) about all the stuff i said up there. I just wanted to see how you would all react ;). But I was still a bit dishartened, and at the time, i did want to stop magic.I should stop trying to be someone who creates up random effects, but i really want to. I know i should practise, but sometimes i just want to show something strait away. Thanks for all your advice, and specil thanks to Katie for commenting and giving me some pro advise! I am coming up with a coin vannish that might astound you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hey, no worrys. I really do need to practise more, so i will practise for about 2-3 weeks before i show anyone! I have been doing my coin vannish for about a month, so i might post it soon....:)

What I'm going to say are some simple tips--nothing harsh.

1. People may have said some harsh things, but in this case it's best to think of them as criticism and keep your video up there. Nothing's going to change if you don't show the world your stuff.

2. I don't know one person in my area. Or the next city. Or the next. That doesn't mean they don't exist. But just say they don't--that's not something to let you down.
It can be difficult working with just yourself. But it's a key principle in life that's going to help you all the way through. Use what you have (if you absolutely cannot get more) and make the best of it.
I'm fairly successful at what I do. I make it my personal goal to do something the best it can be done.

3. DO NOT GIVE IT UP!! If it helps, think of us as loser bullies who don't know what we're talking about.
But giving it up for this situation is just dumb. Sorry. Three months isn't exactly a long time, but that's not a big deal. The people who've been in the art for six years but don't really care about their stuff--they're in the same league (worse) as somebody who's been at it for a week and trying their best, taking in criticism.

Bottom Line: Look at yourself. Have you taken this effect, tried the best you could, showed the world, took their criticism, applied it, and gave the world a second draft? If you've answered no to any of the above, something needs to change.

Good luck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results