Fused-New Trick Idea

Nov 9, 2007
When you say fuse, DO YOU MEAN THAT THE 2 QUEENS THAT YOU HAVE ACTUALLY BECOME ONE CARD? How does it look like? Like a card with 2 half queens or something?

Can you post a video of it?

Cheers,

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
If you are saying that to "fuse" two cards into one card, then yes that was been done a LONG time ago.

Doc Eason's Anniversary Waltz

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
No, my effect is that the two queens are back to back and are one card, fused together. No glue, no anything sticky/magnets/wires or anything, just a bike card:) I tried posting a video, but it ain't been accepted yet, but it isn't edited coz i dont have anything to edt it with :(. If i just posted a link to it on here, would i get in trouble?

Sep 2, 2007
No, my effect is that the two queens are back to back and are one card, fused together. No glue, no anything sticky/magnets/wires or anything, just a bike card:) I tried posting a video, but it ain't been accepted yet, but it isn't edited coz i dont have anything to edt it with :(. If i just posted a link to it on here, would i get in trouble?
I'm pretty sure that fusing two cards together has been done -- I've seen Cyril have two cards signed on the front, and then fuse them together into one card signed front and back. I believe the name of the effect is Valentine's Day Effect, or something along that line.

It would be interesting to see how your effect and performance differs, if at all. Feel free to post the link to the video, as long as the video does not violate the rules. :)

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm pretty sure that fusing two cards together has been done -- I've seen Cyril have two cards signed on the front, and then fuse them together into one card signed front and back. I believe the name of the effect is Valentine's Day Effect, or something along that line.

It would be interesting to see how your effect and performance differs, if at all. Feel free to post the link to the video, as long as the video does not violate the rules. :)

Cheers,
JTM

Aww dang, i was hoping that i had something new. Ah well, better keep trying!

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
Alright, lets try this again.
For the people that totally disregarded my post AKA everyone.

This effect has been done before, DOC EASON'S Anniversary Waltz. Which is Hella better in effect and handling than this "attempt" at an "effect".

And I honestly wanted to throw-up watching you handle those cards. Please don't do that again.

Sep 1, 2007
Alright, lets try this again.
For the people that totally disregarded my post AKA everyone.

This effect has been done before, DOC EASON'S Anniversary Waltz. Which is Hella better in effect and handling than this "attempt" at an "effect".

And I honestly wanted to throw-up watching you handle those cards. Please don't do that again.

ace, don't be so harsh. Nice words will do. I believe it states in the forum rules that no flaming is allowed, and that definitely qualifies as flaming.

That aside, I have to see I agree with the poster. Please get your handling down before you post. Please learn how to make a decent gaff. Please be natural, and smooth. We could all see from the get-go how the effect was done. Especially the palm-off. That was not very well done at all. I would suggest showing the card in the hand holding the other one. It will convince the audience that that hand is, indeed, empty.

Nice idea, pity that it's already been done. I hate it when that happens. Keep coming up with ideas!

Tim

Oct 18, 2007
lol, yes, it was badly executed. I googled Anniversary Waltz, and that sounds like a really sweet effect. I might go out and buy that tomorrow, hahah.

At least you're thinking of effects man, keep doing that and maybe you'll eventually stumble across something. Just remember to research.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Erm... well... hmmm... you see... eh... :(

Lol, sorry, but the performance on that video was just terrible... infact I had a hard time finishing watching it.

Firstly, as stated earlier, similar effects have been done on various occasions... so it's not new, but still well done for coming to it on your own.

Secondly... you should seriously not even consider submitting an effect that yo yourself can't even perform, I may sound harsh, but it really was horrific.

Also... I saw 'Mesmerize-16' comment on how someones comments were harsh and is considered flaming lol... no... not flaming... it's called giving an opinion, and that is something that we have a right to do, be it good or bad.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
Seriously man, a bunch of other people say that the handling was bad, yet I get called out because mine was more "colorful". BS. It was my opinion, yeah maybe alittle harsh, but maybe that harsh criticism will get through to him somehow. either way its over.

I guess now EVERYONE agrees with Justin Miller.
Not necessarily, but this could be used as an example of what he was talking about.

I guess now EVERYONE agrees with Justin Miller.
No, but this is a perfect example of what Justin was talking about.

We are not 'flaming' him because he is young and trying to sell an effect. We're pointing out that the effect has been done before (and it has been done better, at that), and that his performance was atrocious.

FlixRock, good job on coming up with your own effect, but unfortunately this has been done before. Still, keep creating, and maybe one day you'll come up with something good.

Now, the more serious issue. Your performance was really, truly, very bad. Get more experience performing as soon as humanly possible. Watch other magicians perform (including pros) and learn from them. Don't copy their performances word for word and action for action, but note what they're doing right and then do it yourself.

Also, pick up a copy of Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz and put it to use. It will help you with your presentation, because (I cannot say this enough) yours was horrific.

Lastly, perfect the effect yourself before getting yourself all excited and ready to submit it to make some cash. One of the things I really can not stand is magicians that create an effect and go right to showing it off or even worse trying to sell it before getting the effect to a performance level themselves (AKA: you).

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results