Gah! BAD burn/blister on right middle finger!

Dec 30, 2007
Hey all, I was heating up a delicious tamale in a friends microwave, and the power level was something like twice as high as the one in my house, and when I took out the plate, it burned me- BADLY! I've got a blister that protrudes a quarter of an inch off of my skin and don't expect it to recover for at least a week. I've got it on ice now and I'm typing with my left hand only (off hand!) So what are some sleights/cuts/flourishes I should practice? I'm looking through XB right now for some good one handed stuff, and table cuts is looking particularly good. I'm also trying to get the Revolution cut down. Anything else I should be doing? Thanks!

Pretty funny:

p7060320nf7.jpg

p7060319re6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
No, i think burns like that need the skin to breath, a band aid wouldn't heal it.
Going a pool would make it better due to the chlorine, but it might burn.

Anyway, I would practice on the 1 handed cuts/shuffles for now.
Also check out some stuff on Rene Levand.

Dec 30, 2007
Stick your hand (the hurt one, obviously) in a bucket of ice cream, practice Ace Cut by JP with the other hand.

Are you kidding? I'm not wasting my precious little Ben and Jerry's Rocky Road for a blister! But I've never heard of JP's Ace Cut. Which video is it on?

Dec 30, 2007
I definitely can't shuffle. And I was thinking of bursting it, there's a lot of pressure/fluid buildup right now. Any amount of pressure makes it hurt. Hot paperclip tip+mah finger=win? But anyway, I've been practicing the one-handed shuffle and revolution cut. Man, I love Xtreme Beginners!

Dr. Nick: Unfortunately, I don't have Surfaced and wasn't part of the community that learned it before Surfaced. But I'll be getting the DVD once I sell off my 1st edition Black Ghost deck- Someone is buying it for $100!

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
I think you should burst the blister. I usually burst my blisters as it speeds up the recovery rate.

You actually have possession of a black ghost deck? :eek: Too bad I started magic after those decks were sold off.

Dec 30, 2007
I think you should burst the blister. I usually burst my blisters as it speeds up the recovery rate.

You actually have possession of a black ghost deck? :eek: Too bad I started magic after those decks were sold off.

I'll sell it to the highest bidder... ;)

I didn't know it would speed up recovery rate! Well, time to dig out a paperclip and a lighter.

Dec 30, 2007
Ive had a blister that big before. From freezing my finger to the back of my freezer. I just pricked a little hole in it with a sterilized pin every night and drained the puss. It healed in like a week.

JDEN

Every night for a week? My god. Did it feel good? Could you flourish/handle cards later? I've never had a blister even near this size.

Sep 2, 2007
Practice the cobra cut!

By the time you get King Cobra down your blister will most definitely be healed.

Dec 30, 2007
Good news! I'm becoming much, much better at the Revolution cut and can do the Charlier cut continuously without squaring the deck. I also drained my finger, but that's gross and I'll leave it from this forum!

Sep 1, 2007
You know, you didn't have to post pictures. I believed you. I guess I won't be eating anymore today.

Get the one-hand shuffle down. Or try Brian Tudor 1 Hand Rev. cuts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results