Genesis Review by Alejandro Portela

Aug 31, 2007
Here is my biased review on Genesis to get you guys to hear my sexy spanish accent.

Nah seriously, this IS the DVD you are looking for, no matter your skill level or style. Genesis is hands down the best cardistry product ever released.

I'm going to briefly go over the contents highlighting what caught my attention.

I must say it took me 4 days to watch all of it because there is so much stuff that it's insane.

And that was just the first quickie I gave it!

This material will last me months to master...

Let's begin with the basics:

Charlier Cut

Loved the tips on real life perfomances to give meaning to what we do and those funny lines to involve the audience. Really valuable advice.

Thumb Cut

I learned it the wrong way!!!

Now I understand why so many people is adicted to these cuts, now my flares look much better with Huron Low's ninja style.

Scissor Cut

I have to say I miss some advanced applications here but the teaching for the basic move couldn't have been any better.

One Hand Revolution Cut

Is Brian Tudor the father of the move? I remember it took me a while to get used to the mechanics but soon it became one of my favourite flourishes when I was starting out.

The one in my right hand always looked a bit weaker so I'm happy that Andrei is a lefty.

Angel

A beautiful move by Bone Ho. Andrei teaches the way to do it if your hands are as dry as a “mojama”.

Widthwise Triangle

This is not the method I use but it is the same result so it's nice to train alternatives. He also gives you tips to add flare and personality. Don't skip this part.

Lengthwise Triangle

I love the advanced handling using hand motions and his “Blink” move to close it. I actually use the Lengthwise Triangle in one of my flourishes that you can, by the way, quickly get a glimpse in Sexy Time, I call it “Triángulo”.

One Handed Shuffle

This is the first flourish i've ever learned, even before the charlier cut. When I first saw this in Rene Lavand's hand I fell in love with card flourishing. Andrei gives some nice point on how to master this tough guy.

Thumb Propulsion

Aka Long Distance Spinner. A move I've never been able to do. Will move it up my to-do list right after finishing this review.

I must learn this move in order to...

“Do your flourishes, do your applaudes cue, and when they're applauding McBride the f*ck out of them” -Ineski

Spring

Andrei explains all techniques in this extensive in-depth tutorial, even The Virts' way is touched here.

One of the most impressive and all time Stars of card flourishing.

Flower Fan

Another one that I have to practice in order to get an even full circle shape. Credits to Jerry and Jeff McBride. Girls love this one.

One handed Fan

Andrei's one handed fan is one of the best I've seen, there's Jaspas' and Huron's but hey, we are talking about Andrei's DVD here right? ;)

I have to practice this in my left hand as I normally do a Carnahan Fan instead so again thanks Andrei for being lefty.

Thumb Fan

It truly is one hell of a tough move. I love the way Andrei forms it with that 360 spiky shape.

Watch out for the “oilies”!

Great tips on how to perform it on stage and live performances.

READ THE REST HERE: Andrei Jikh's Genesis review by .thecuso

Overall impression: “5/5 stars from me dawg!!!”

May 9, 2008
I'd agree with most your your reviews. I thought they could have done a better job of editing and reshooting some stuff where he blatantly screwed up. Instead of just correcting himself, he could have just reshot that sentence. I understand a lot of it was left in for humor. Some of the really bad jokes could have been removed.

One thing I will say, I've got the flower fan down 90% in just 2 days....it looks pretty good. Still needs some work, but I'm really amazed at what I acheived using his suggestions.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results