Genuine Non Biased PANIC Review

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
The Effect
The four kings are taken from a pack of cards, and put into the magician's pocket. The magician spreads the deck towards him, and pushes it back to form a neat pile of cards. He covers this with his hand, and slowly takes it away to reveal four cards. - The four kings, which are shown front and back. The deck is actually in the magician's pocket.

What You Get

I found the parcel on my bed (my Dad put it there, not the postman :p) and I immediately opened it. You get the DVD, and the gimmick.

Delivery Times

The delivery times were outstanding. I opted for the cheapest, $8 shipping from the USA to the UK, and I received it in a week. Brilliant work, T11.

Aaron's Teaching

In my HONEST opinion (and as harsh as this may sounds - sorry Aaron), I think that Aaron is absolutely brilliant. :p
He really does go through everything with you - the handling, how to perform it for one person, how to perform it for two, how to perform it surrounded. Even how to perform it on stage! He goes through everything you need to know, I was performing it within 5 minutes (only to a mirror, but whatvever :p). Aaron's friendly too, he's funny and nice with how he teaches you, he's not loud and he doesn't bark instructions at you. Hell, he even made a joke about his ex-girlfriend!

Difficulty

Easy. Someone who knows basic sleights, and how to handle a pack of cards confidently will find this trick a doddle.
EXTRAS
Aaron teaches you a different, more complex version of PANIC, called Widespread Panic. It's longer, and a little harder. To be honest, I prefer the regular PANIC trick.

Gimmick

HAHA, when I first opened the package and discovered the gimmick, (even though I was alone), I just said out loud, "No way. No way! There's no way that this guy's making money off this! Oh my God!" It was like being shown the secret to the whole trick. Only thing I can fault is that it may be easy to lose.

Reactions

I've only performed this for my Mum (who's quite bright - she usually figures out everything I do), and at the end of the trick she simply said; "Wait, didn't you just have a whole deck?" I nodded. "But... where'd it go?". Priceless. And then, unbelievably, for the first time in my life, she said to me; "How did you do that?"
I always show her everything in my tricks (she's almost like my agent :p lol), and I almost had to prepare her for the secret. I said to her - "You ready?".
And then I showed her - and she laughed out loud, and said "That's brilliant!".

OVERALL
8.5/10 - Perfect for the close-up or street magician, but this trick can still be performed anywhere. If you want an effect that's HARD-HITTING, and will get you a reputation, purchase PANIC. It's well worth every penny, although you'll wanna look after your gimmick well. May be easy to lose/wreck.

~The Emogician~

I agree with the quality of the effect, although i have performed it to a few close freinds who were stumped-to say the least, I haven't performed it that much but I hope I will.

I am curious, and rather jealous to see that your package arrived in one week to the UK. I live in Glasgow (Scotland) and it took three weeks and........ I was hit with a further £11 customs charge. Thats and extra $22 for no reason, and to say i was pissed ioff was an understatement.

Anyway, my rant about the customs people over, a sound review.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Thanks for the comment :)

Yeah, I was surprised at the shipping speed too, when I ordered from Ellusionist once, I paid $20 (£10) for shipping and it came in 4 or 5 days. The Theory11 shipping wasnt far off that, as was less than half the price.

I guess speed varies on the time of year, but it won't be getting any quicker any time soon, with Christmas coming up.

~The Emogician~

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
you told your mom how to do it? lol. Never reveal the secret, if I catch some one like my dad or mom (which happens rarely for me too) then I'll treasure that.

Well anyways thanks for the review, I was really thinking of getting this for christmas but then changed my mind, I might get it later.

Sep 1, 2007
Can we please stop with the Genuine Non Biased?

Its clear that you're trying to not be biased as possible >_<

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results