Getting started and need help...

Nov 8, 2007
I really envy alot of people here in theory11 that are able to do sick fluorishes. Personally, I could only do few fluorishes and I could not master them as well as you guys do. I was doing false sybil the other day, thought they were good enough but still slow and cards keep dropping sometimes.

Could sometimes do good hot shot cuts, false cuts etc... I've got D&D The System and Trilogy fluorishes. Seen them, love them. I tried to pick one of them and learn it properly. But I just feel my fingers are not coordinating.

Feel so lost. Any useful tips please?

Sep 2, 2007
Stockholm Sweden
The awnser i got when i started flourishing was "Practise alot and the speed and controll will come." I hated that awnser but as it turns out it was the right awnser. So im just gonna give you the same advice that i got when i started out. Just practise, dont rush things. get the moves in and just go from there. And what i did in the beginning was concentrate on ONE flourish at a time.
Start with like Genasis and move on from there.

Hope it helps.

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
This game is a marathon not a sprint, don't get dispondant if you can't do things straight away. The really good flourishers have YEARS of experience with cards, just keep at it and you will improve.

Oct 24, 2007
I find, the easiest way for me to learn flourishes, is to do them slowly. Very very slowly, just keep doing it slowly without thinking about it, you'll start to do it faster and faster and faster, and all of a sudden you're going at amazing speeds.

Also, as said before, just stick with practicing one flourish at a time. Have a deck of cards in your hands whenever you can, when you're watch television, sitting at the computer, etc. Always have your hands practicing, the less you think about it and do it the more your muscle memory remembers. That's all I can suggest. Peace!

- Tyler Johnson

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Personally, I think you should learn easier material. Check out the sticky at the top of this forum called "New to Cardistry/Flourishing? Click here!", there is some good information in there about which products to get if you are new.

-Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results