Ghost Hunter - Ultimate Impromptu Haunted Deck

Apr 25, 2013
[video=youtube;N7Lj_HDqMaE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Lj_HDqMaE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My idea :)
Completely impromptu, borrowed deck, fully examinable
Believe it or not?
This is my test clip, so it still has some problems, hope people ignore ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Good work. I don't know if there was actually any audio, but with a good presentation this could be killer.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
impromtu? Really no preparation? Then I would like to reserve a table, please! Good work!

I can theorize a technique that would accomplish this which is totally impromptu. If I'm correct, this is both impromptu and quite clever.

Jan 29, 2011
The District
I can theorize a technique that would accomplish this which is totally impromptu. If I'm correct, this is both impromptu and quite clever.
Ditto. If what I'm thinking of now, I say "Brilliant!" and "Why didn't I think of that?!" ;-)

BTW I like the presentation idea of having the spectator motion with their fingers to make the magic happens, while your fingers aren't moving at all (no fishy moves visible). Most presentations are the magicians making the magic happen.

Apr 26, 2013
I believe this method has been devised and published before, assuming I know what you are doing of course. The animation of the card spinning out from the center is Lynn Searles "THe Haunted Card" but from a different grip. The actual deck separation, if you are doing what I think you are doing, has been done before, although I don't have a specific source to give you at this time. It is a great idea though regardless, Good job!

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
It looks very good. Independently created it's wonderful - but as said already the moves have been done.

I learned about The Haunted Card from Earl Nelson's book Variations (uses it in a 4 ace production) and it's always fun to practice.

In the hands gimmickless haunted packs are rare -I've gotten a lot of use from Cataclysmic by Aaron Delong (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gKgClKxpM) <- cheesy music and he's since added a move to the end to complete the routine.
This one can't be done with any deck any time (brand new decks don't work and way old decks won't work...) but looks amazing and is great for standing magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results