Ghost or Shadow Masters Deck?

Well next week, I'm going to get myself some decks but i got it down to two kinds and I want either Ghost or a S.M. Deck...

And i'm wondering what features are in the Ghost deck, since the S.D. has this double-backer gaff card and a nice two jokers with one holding a hourglass and one holding a 3of Diamond figure, and the bar code thinger...

yea so does Ghost deck have something like that on its jokers??? (i've heard that it does...) and which would you guys recommend??? And i guess i'll throw this question also, "which one is better for flourishing?"

P.S. what is actually a UV500 air flow finish ???:cool: I've only been told that it is smoother...

Nov 23, 2007
UV500: it glows under black light... airflow finish: are those little air cushions on the cards (the texture) that let you flourish easily

Feb 2, 2008
Shadow Masters hands down. They last longer, and the feel way better while preforming. and the black looks amazing while flourishing

Jan 23, 2008
aznkorealee

Hey, man let me give you my thoughts on this alright. I own 3 ghost decks and 6 shadow masters. as of yet I have only needed to use one S.M. deck as they are the most durable deck I have yet to own. That being said Ghosts come in a close second in durability. I guess the thing to me is this, The S.M. are the most incredible looking cards I have ever owned. there is a Joker reveal on the ghosts with a "Cowboy" stepping on an A of C. I have used both jokers for reveals and honestly the reactions are about the same, however the S.M.'s give the effect a more mysterious feel. As far as flourishing and XCM, I am very much into this as well, and the S.M. are the best deck I own for XCM. I can easily do twin fans which I have found difficult with other decks. The other thing is that the extra ink on the S.M.'s due to its black color, gives the cards a much thicker feel. Finally I personally completely love the artwork of the S.M.'s They are just plain beautiful and I am constantly getting comments on them. If I were you I would get the S.M.s but you should aslo get at least one Ghost just to get a feel for which you may prefer. those are my thoughts hope they helped.

~Jon

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
I would say Ghost...

When I hold the deck in my hand, I tend to feel that the Ghost is thinner than the Shadow Masters; ah well, just my preference.

Oct 21, 2007
SMs are much better at floushing and they feel great, BUT not good for performing magic because of the black faces (in my opinion). I also realy like the Ghosts because they have a good feel and look good but personaly I dont think they are that great for flourishing.

Oct 28, 2007
i would say ghost because i like the white but the SMs are coated with so much ink that my fingertips and palms turned BLACK! yeah that much ink and even the box has a lot of ink on it that when i do xbm the box has turned white in the center. but that is just the cons it is a very good deck and it handles very well but the ghost are just the same.
(get some centurions)

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
heres an idea. instead of buying a deck that will cost around 11 bucks with shipping and all, go to sams club and pay 15 bucks and get 13 decks of normal bicycle cards.

sorry, i agree with sankey though. i dont like custom cards. i could be using them for a trick and people could inspect them all they wanted then after im done with the trick, they still think its a trick deck because it "looks different"

Oct 28, 2007
i'm pretty darn sure that more then 3/4 of the world wouldn't think that if you let them inspect before and after, and i've have never been called on it before but that is just me

p.s the 3/4 thing was a guesstimation but probably accurate

Aug 31, 2007
heres an idea. instead of buying a deck that will cost around 11 bucks with shipping and all, go to sams club and pay 15 bucks and get 13 decks of normal bicycle cards.

sorry, i agree with sankey though. i dont like custom cards. i could be using them for a trick and people could inspect them all they wanted then after im done with the trick, they still think its a trick deck because it "looks different"

Not really helping the thread's question.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
well i think i am. i mean, you get more decks, cheaper, that can be used for magic and flourishing. seriously, a deck of cards is a deck of cards whether its black, white, blue or rainbow, theyre all made by bicycle, theyre all uv500 airflow finish, theyre all the same

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec

Although I agree with what you are saying (seriously, just buy normal cards...), the thread question is "ghost or shadow masters deck"

Jan 31, 2008
Here's my two cents.... in review format for both

Ghost:
PROS
-fan good
-great looks
-pretty good durability
CONS
-warp
-pick up oils easy (don't fan properly after two fans and a cut)
-too slippery

Shadow Masters:
PROS
-fan good
-AWESOME looks
-good durability
CONS
-after too much use they lose some of their fanning ability and clump abit
-edges fade after prolonged use

Although if you are ordering from E I'd say get both, the Ghosts are pretty cheap and they're both top notch decks.

Feb 11, 2008
Ghost Deck is better in my Opinion. It feels better and looks better.
SM are too thick, that sucks. Thicker is not better... Don'T like black decks...
Why you don'T use some pokemon cards....?
Get a pack of TH9.

Oct 8, 2007
Here's my opinion.

There's no denying that both decks look awesome. The Ghosts exude elegance with its almost pure white look and some touches of red on the pips. The SM's, on the other hand, are more in-your-face. The deck is black, and has a darker feel to it. Both have some shadow effects on their backs too.

Both are durable enough to last for some time. The Ghosts are thinner and the SM's are thicker, which is because they're made from the same stock as the Masters (..duh). You also have others' opinions regarding the Masters' great quality going for you there, but I feel that the Ghosts are just as good.

So you're choosing between black or white, thin or thick. Personally, I've used my Ghosts more than my Masters and I personally like them better. My experience with black decks is that yes, they look so good but the edges become a little white after some time. Take note of that when getting black decks. And the issue on warped Ghost. My Ghosts did warp but I somehow was able to get rid of it.

PS: the Black Ghosts are coming out in April. A BG is very similar to a SM. The Ghosts will come in 2 unique colors while the Masters come in only Black (apart from the usual red and blue). So you might want to get 1 white Ghost and 1 SM just so you get contrast in color and so you can compare the quality. Just my opinion though. :p

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I personally don't use these fancy decks but if I was to choose one, it would probably be the ghost deck.

When I do a riffle force/ optical force, people tend not to be able to see that pips on the shadow masters to well, hell, I can barely see them when I try it in front of a mirror.

Then again, it is just personal prefernce but my biggesta dvice is to save your money and buy regular decks, once again, personal preference.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
I lean toward Ghosts. But they are both incredible decks.

The Ghost wins, in my opinion, because it fans longer, the joker reveal is subtle but more identifiable and the cards are white. My biggest gripe with the Shadow Masters is that the ink on the outer edges of the faces and backs wears off (where they can't be Sharpied without damaging the feel).

Truth be told, I've done tricks at clubs and spectators LOVE looking at the Shadow Masters. I have a routine designed around the joker because he gets so much appreciation. While the Ghosts don't get as much appreciation as the Shadow Masters, they get their share. Plus, it's just a damn sexy deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results