Glimpse/Force techniques

Apr 16, 2017
Hello everyone,
I was wondering whats some good ways to have a glimpse of the card that you want to force the person to pick. Let's say I let someone shuffle the cards, how can I or what are some good excuse to flip the deck and look at the top or bottom card or any card that you want to force. It is unnatural for someone to shuffle and then just look at the cards since it defeats the purpose of shuffling. Any tips is greatly appreciated

Thank you

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
A glimpse is a method to determine the value of a freely selected card. No force necessary.

To do what you want, turn the deck face up and show the card are different. As you spread the cards, note the top or bottom card. Do an overhand shuffle to bring the bottom card to top or a riffle shuffle to retain the top card.

Nov 13, 2016
Ian rowland in one of his lecture notes(i think)published the rowland peek(i think)and its great.
Used this so many times for impromptu mind reading
(Ps when peeking a card and revealing it just say "I dont need cards I dont even want to touch them" even tough you just handeled them and just say that the card only exists in the spectators mind,and bring the focuse away from the cards.(this could be peter turners words not mine ...I cant remember but its probably his(its his style)or even ian rowland there.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results