Good all around video cameras: $750-$1000

Hey guys,
I really want to make some good quality cardistry/flourishing/magic videos but all I have is a webcam and a crappy video camera. I make do with my editing software but I need at least a somewhat decent camera. 750 to 1000 dollars is my pricerange. Less than 750 would be great, but I'm thinkin it wouldn't be as great quality.
Thanks for your help,
Michael

Also, I have heard miniDV is the best. But is Hi-Def good to and could you get a hi-def miniDV camera? If so then what. And which is the best brand, Sony, Panasonic, Canon.. etc.. etc..
I have a mac are there any restrictions to the format it records, because I know there are many formats.
Sorry bout all the questions. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
Tampa Florida
hey whats up micheal

I have the Canon Hv10 hd mini dv camcorder it records in hd and regular
the footage is great. Though i have not made any Magic videos with it yet i plan to do so in jan.

i got it for 650 bucks not a bad deal and the camera is awesome.

hey whats up micheal

I have the Canon Hv10 hd mini dv camcorder it records in hd and regular
the footage is great. Though i have not made any Magic videos with it yet i plan to do so in jan.

i got it for 650 bucks not a bad deal and the camera is awesome.

thanks but I was just looking on Canon's website and it said that they are 1100 dollars, could you let me know where you got yours?

Thanks,
Michael

Sep 1, 2007
allan hagans camcorder is simply amazinggg, but i think it runs at 1100 dollars

i haev a panasonic gs 300, its pretty awsome, also, it was like 500 dollars, but the thing is, they dont sell it anymore, they only sell the gs 320, which is newer but actually inferior to the 300

i would say, stick with almost any sony, all the higer prices ones, 350+, are pretty damn good, and stick with miniDV, u dont want an hard drive storage system

Sep 1, 2007
Panasonic has some good 3CCD camcorders in that price range. You can check around (eBay is a good place to look). GS-400 (the holy grail of consumer cams), GS500, GS300, GS250, etc... These are all good cams. There are also more like the GS180, GS65m GS320, etc... that are also all 3CCD. You shouldn't have a problem finding one in that price range if you do a little looking around. Hope that helps some!

As a fellow Mac user let me warn you if you were thinking of buying a Sony. For one Yes they are the best hands down but their software is only PC compatible. If you connect the camera to the desktop it can't read the camera for the download. I have contacted Sony after purchasing their Mini DVD Hi-Def camera and they told me I was out of luck. That sucks to spend $1000.00 and I can't even use the thing I'm still ticked off. Hope this response helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results