Good Influence?

May 10, 2008
I recently recieved Dangerous and have found Bad Influence to be one of my favorites on the dvd. After a while I started thinking ot myself how to improve it. I got the idea of that instead of trying to tell them to try to pick the certain card, for them to try NOT to pick the card. For example; "Now I want you to try not to pick the 3 of Hearts" Ive been playing around with this idea and Havent really tested it yet.

In personal opinion would this make the effect more impossible, or just serve to confuse the spectators?

Thanx

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
I recently recieved Dangerous and have found Bad Influence to be one of my favorites on the dvd. After a while I started thinking ot myself how to improve it. I got the idea of that instead of trying to tell them to try to pick the certain card, for them to try NOT to pick the card. For example; "Now I want you to try not to pick the 3 of Hearts" Ive been playing around with this idea and Havent really tested it yet.

In personal opinion would this make the effect more impossible, or just serve to confuse the spectators?

Thanx

I force cards using the Classic Force. Once you get it all down, it almost NEVER fails.

In my experience using the classic force (or any force, for that matter), saying "go ahead and pick any card, except the _____" will get more of a "what the hell?" reaction from most people. However, I suggest doing some tricks beforehand- if you name a force right off the bat, you'll discredit yourself immediately.

I don't own the DVD, so I don't know how the trick is performed, but it sounds like at some point, you mysteriously make them pick a card. If this is true, just play around with your patter and see what gets better reactions for you and your persona.

I don't own the DVD, so I don't know how the trick is performed, but it sounds like at some point, you mysteriously make them pick a card. If this is true, just play around with your patter and see what gets better reactions for you and your persona.

Actually they take the deck themselves and manage to select the three cards you tell them to. You never touch the deck after it is handed to them.

Feb 28, 2008
i don't know if that would really add anything to the effect... I think the idea of them picking the cards makes the spectator feel like they're a part of the trick and if you tell them not to pick a certain card then it's a bit more... I dunno set up?

I'm not saying it wouldn't work, but I think there's a bit more to it that you might understand that I don't. I guess in your patter you'd have to explain why they shouldn't pick a certain card or something like that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results