Good stage Trick?

If you don't have enough time for big stage tricks. You can always do some card tricks. Ones like the stage verson of Panic or control with the nurse taking the pulse. There are a few card tricks that can be used well in stage magic.

Aug 31, 2007
You don't have enough time to do a stage illusion. That's how it is, and tough luck if you think you have to do one. If you had to you should have had one already. Or have asked about... 3 months ago? Minimum? Point and fact is it's stupid of you to think that you can do it in a week.

However, as I_KnowMagic said, there are card effects and in fact coin effects that can be adapted for stage. Get a camera, link it to a projector, and do something else.

Apr 28, 2008
I'm also with blink and adjones. I can't believe people are encouraging someone to build and perform a stage illusion within a week, I wouldn't even perform a card trick within a week of learning it. It would most likely be disastrous, it could give the audience a bad impression of magic and if it didn't go well would be a major blow to his self esteem and may put him off doing a proper show in the future.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I still haven't performed Believe, and I got it the day it came out, if that tells you anything. I want to make sure my presentation and handling is flawless. So it may still be another week or so before I work up the nerve to perform it. :rolleyes: I wouldn't even think of building, rehearsing, and performing a stage illusion in a week. Two months would be the least that I would even consider it.

But to the original poster, please, tell us how your show goes- I am very interested in it.

Nov 30, 2007
I'm also with blink and adjones. I can't believe people are encouraging someone to build and perform a stage illusion within a week, I wouldn't even perform a card trick within a week of learning it. It would most likely be disastrous, it could give the audience a bad impression of magic and if it didn't go well would be a major blow to his self esteem and may put him off doing a proper show in the future.

I am not encouraging. Trust me, I would not want learn a show in a week (nor do I think I could even do it). But some of the comments made were very disrespectful and that is what I am speaking out againest.

Nov 30, 2007
You don't HAVE to do the show at all. You could easily choose not to... but instead, you've decided to screw the show up, and ruin many people's view on magic. It's a good thing you appreciate our art and are willing to give it the time it takes to make it look good.

Look, if you're expecting to buy illusion plans, buy the materials, build the illusion, find somebody to do the illusion with, then practice it and have it down by Friday... I want a video of this, because there's no way in heck you're going to be able to pull this off. Sorry, but get your head out of your butt, and get some respect for our art.

adjones, here is your post. Look at the last line. This is exactly what you wrote.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
adjones, here is your post. Look at the last line. This is exactly what you wrote.

Ah, I read over that while reviewing the thread. Personally, I think he deserved everything he said. If he wants to go ruin the show, that's fine, but if he was thinking a little, he would see that clearly taking the show was a bad idea. I think he deserved it, but others may not. That's just my opinion.

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Im sorry I guess i was just a bit angry because this show was somthing important to me and i understand to practice before performing i do i just thought i needed and extra trick at the end. Again, very sorry for being an ass.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Im sorry I guess i was just a bit angry because this show was somthing important to me and i understand to practice before performing i do i just thought i needed and extra trick at the end. Again, very sorry for being an ass.

Same here about the apology part. However, I didn't realize that you already had a show that you had put time into. I think we were all under the impression that you were doing one trick, and you expected to have it down in a week; which isn't really possible. So do the routine you already had planned and skip the big illusion; your show will turn out much better, trust me.

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Thank you and one more time im very sorry if your wondering it is a short show and the tricks are;
Russian roulette
Sinful
Indecent
Long Distance spinner trick
A jumbo predicion trick
Witness
Have somebody stand on me while suspended by 2 chairs

Tell me what you think.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Thank you and one more time im very sorry if your wondering it is a short show and the tricks are;
Russian roulette
Sinful
Indecent
Long Distance spinner trick
A jumbo predicion trick
Witness
Have somebody stand on me while suspended by 2 chairs

Tell me what you think.

It looks pretty good, but Russian Roulette is definitely a closer, so it should be the finale. Also, if it's a stage show, why are you doing so many close-up things like Sinful, Indecent, and Witness? Those are supposed to be done up close and personal... at least Witness and Indecent. Sinful would probably do ok on a stage, though... depending on the size of the stage of course.

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Yea but do u have any other suggestions? NOT a trick that i have 2 learn and 2 perform but im pretty up on all the new magic and card magic so any tips of tricks that might look good on stage?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Yea but do u have any other suggestions? NOT a trick that i have 2 learn and 2 perform but im pretty up on all the new magic and card magic so any tips of tricks that might look good on stage?

My best advice at this point would be to make sure that you have a camera and projector so everybody can see the close-up effects.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Guys,

I was extremely close to closing this thread, but I'm happy to see everyone worked things out among themselves. I've removed all of the posts that I felt didn't belong.

Please remember to remain as courteous, respectful, and as relevant to the art of magic as possible. Thanks guys!

Apr 28, 2008
What if i dont have access to a projector? Is walking into the aduidence ok? to do tricks?

That would depend on the layout of the room your in, if only a few people can see it then it's certainly not OK. I'd really try and get a projector, i've found that close up tricks in a larger setting i.e. more than 10 people will often fail miserably as people are too far away to really appreciate and understand what's happening.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results