Goodbye :: Theory11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
you cant let other people or other things interfer with what you love. but if you dont love flourishes yeah you should stop. and happy holidays!

Oct 6, 2007
nah guys thanks but the problem is simply after everything is said and done, im not having the fun i want to be having with cards, its become more like a chore so im laying off the cards and a buncha trash talk on forums and weird videos....of cats....doing things....(that was random) but thanks

Hey, you seem to be finding the flourishes maybe a little to hard? I sugggest maybe you take a break from flourishing first, and maybe concentrate more on the magic. Gettting crazy reactions will make you realise that this art is so facinating, and acually fun!

Hopefully you don't quit just becuase something is too hard.

But if you do, hopefully its only a break, and i hope we talk again!

Aug 31, 2007
Well, not because "a couple of magic sites" but the community (the people) it's downgraded a whole lot, and after what I've read on a lot of forums, here and on other sites, magic and flourishing aren't even fun anymore (after I see what people say). There's no more respect or fun from what I see.

ES

When someone truly loves something, outside sources will not take away from that love. If anything, lack of dedication on behalf of others should drive you to do better. Obiously since you find others' attitudes, etc. wrong, you should find the opposite of what they do right. So, do the right thing. Do the opposite, try to make a change. Quitting is giving up, and giving up takes a lack of dedication and respect; exactly the problem you say you're leaving for. You're harming the art by leaving, yet you're leaving because it's being harmed...

Aug 31, 2007
I hope you find something else that you enjoy. But don't let others stop you. When you find something, keep at it. Keep trying things until you find something you enjoy and keep going with.

Good luck and good bye,
-|P54

D

Deleted member 2755

I only read the 1st page of replies. Honestly, if you quit magic and flourishing because of a few people, I think it's a rather dumb decision. You can even do magic without being on a forum. My brother used to do that. (He barely does magic anymore though, he quit for the most part....)

So I obviously respect your decision, I never really knew you anyway, and I think it's dumb you are leaving because of a few people. Well, it's your decision. Good luck with whatever you are moving on to.

-Doug

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
hi guyz im quitting magic bcuz of teh intarwebz

Seriously though, I'll have to go with the "couch magician" thing. 95%(i pull number out of my ass) of people on forums are little **** kids.
Kids that just learn Wayne Houchin's Indecent, posts a video and his patter is exactly as Wayne's.

Yes I am mean. This is the internet.

Very well, if you choose to quite, it's your respectful choice and good luck with that. But personally, if it's because of the net, it's a bad decision.

Internet magic playes such a small part in the wider spectrum, you shouldn't base your entire hobby decisions on it.

Then again, everyone prefers a different cup of tea, good luck in the future :)

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
When you said that it became like a chore I understand what you mean by that, but that happens with everything you do. Sports, games, arts, even your job you can like at first but than it gets annoying tedious and you don't want to do it anymore, but that period is not forever soon you start to appreciate it as much again. I've been through that process recently with a sport that I play tournaments and practice in: I loved it when I started out then I became annoyed with it and didn't want to play it, but then I fell in love with it again. But what pushed me through the annoying part is the fact that I knew good will come out of it, now I don't know maybe you don't think any good will comeout of magic, maybe, I mean people do magic for the reactions that you get, usually, if you don't enjoy them, then there is nothing to push you to pracctice and stuff.

But who knows? because I quit magic for about a year earlier, and then I got back on stronger than ever. Maybe you'll be back one day, when you are bored, who you gonna call? Theory11

The first year I was getting into card magic there was this group of guys that called themselves the Knights of Sleight that would meet up every Monday night at the local Bennigans. I was informed of these guys and told that they where really excepting. When I got there and introduced myself they immedietly made it known that I was not welcomed. I shrugged it off and continued to be myself. After trying to perform for them a card trick I was working on and I used a short card force they pretty much laughed me out of the restuarant. I left before I got ticked off. I pursued magic on my own and I am now getting paid to do what I love. Misery loves company don't let someone else sway you from doing what you love. This is a competitive art and only the strong and persistant survive. Do what you must I hate to see someone roll over and give up.

Take it easy and good luck!

Shane.

Sep 2, 2007
Guys,

It seem our good friend, EugeneSoh, has decided to continue with magic and flourishing. Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, as Eugene is still around the forums and a part of our community (and our hearts ;)).

JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results