Goodnight

You sure are a nice person..
A whole barrel of laughs..

Usually I am actually, but I honestly don't see the point in this.

Seriously, explain. Please, I am so lost...why do you guys become addicted to these things so much. I once was to E, that's why my post count is so high there. But I never went far enough as to making a thread saying goodnight.

So please, without sarcasm, can you explain to me why online forums are a place to make a thread saying goodnight?

Cheers!

Trevor

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007

Seriously, explain. Please, I am so lost...why do you guys become addicted to these things so much. I once was to E, that's why my post count is so high there. But I never went far enough as to making a thread saying goodnight.

So please, without sarcasm, can you explain to me why online forums are a place to make a thread saying goodnight?

Cheers!

Trevor

I'm new to this whole online forum posting thing, but I always assumed it was just common courtesy to do so. :D

Cheers and Good Day,
JTM

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado

Cheers!

Trevor

He was being funny?

If you dislike the thread or the poster so much, take it up with an Admin.

Aug 31, 2007
MI, US
Hey, come on guys, stop.
He was saying good night, big deal. No need to get all worked up about it everyone.
Let's keep this a friendly community here! :)

Sep 1, 2007
What's wrong with saying good night.I would have too but I never really know when I'm off for sure.I was off,now I'm back on again.Probably getting off in a few so,ya,goodnight everyone.

What's wrong with saying good night.I would have too but I never really know when I'm off for sure.I was off,now I'm back on again.Probably getting off in a few so,ya,goodnight everyone.

It's not bad, it's just redundant.

People don't care when you're on or off, and also if you are on these forums so much where you actually have to say goodnight, you need to get a life. Yes, new forums, great. New addiction? Shouldn't be.

Trevor

Sep 1, 2007
I was kind joking around when I said that,but saying good night does let everyone know not to be expecting a response from you till the next day though.

Sep 1, 2007
I know this has more then likely already been said, but im gonna throw in my opinion anyways.

I know everyones heard it a thousand times over, but quality > quantity.

Stop worrying about post count. Feel free to deny it, but lets be honest, anyone who has 200+, 100+ even, posts by now is goin way overboard. Like cmon guys, thats a post every nearly every 10 minutes, and thats if youve been up since the site launched. I was on E for nearly a year before i left those forums, and my post count was at a mere 500. Everyone assumes a high post count is gonna get them noticed. And oh.my.god, i think anyone who was there can all remember when they did forum cleanup and everyones post count dropped 1-500 :eek::eek::eek:, what an epedemic that was.

While many of you have been sitting here posting your minds out, you could be out performing and learning for yourself. Yes, forums are good to an extent as a resource, same goes for new sites and new products, but nothing will give you the experience of performing.

Theres countless threads on all forums about, "Oh what will work with this effect in a routine" and "Oh what am i supposed to do with this", etc. i think we all know what im talking about. Its understandable when your starting out and whatnot, but why not go and see what works for yourself? After all, everyone hopefully has a unique style of performing in some way, and what works for one person might not go over so well for another.

Now dont take this post wrong, forums are good as a resource and whatnot, and there are many people with large post counts that really do help people out alot! But they have accumulated that over time, not in 48 hours after the forum opened. Like cmon, "Goodnight guys, see you tomorrow" is no different to me then posting "Hi this is just another useless thread to up my post count". (Not trying to pick the poster of this thread out, many people do it it, this thread just happened to be the one i posted in).

Does anyone else get what im trying to say???

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results