Greek Deal

May 23, 2010
Singapore
One of the more difficult and unique false deals to be published over the past century, the Greek Deal allows you to covertly deal the second-to-the-last card of the pack while in play - completely unnoticed.

So does that make the bottom deals , second deals and center deals 'useless' (lack of better word) ? I have always thought about this but I really need an answer.I'm just curious if the Greek Deal allows you to deal the 2nd to 52nd card from the deck , does that mean that other deals become irrelevant ?

Thanks for reading !

May 10, 2010
I think it solely depends on where you want a specific card to come from. Say you're at a poker table. If your wanted card is on the bottom, then bottom deal when it reaches yourself. If your wanted card is on top, then second deal till u reach yourself. And the same goes for the centre deal and the greek deal. Wherever u want the card to come from, you use the respective deal. They're not useless! :)

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
I'm pretty sure that the Greek Deal refers to the action of taking the second from the bottom card. Anything apart from that wouldn't be a Greek Deal.

May 10, 2010
I believe Bill has misunderstood the description of the Greek Deal.

"... the Greek Deal allows you to covertly deal the second-to-the-last card of the pack ... "

I have a feeling he has interpreted this line as the ability to deal from the second card to the last card freely. Basically, he thought that he could deal from anywhere between the second and last card.

In fact, the greek deal involves dealing cards that are second from bottom. (Like everyone has mentioned) There is no one way (that I'm aware of) that involves dealing cards from anywhere in the deck. That requires far too advanced sleight of hand. Hope this clears any doubts.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results