Guardians: Why I need 3 decks and Why we need two colors

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
why i need 3....
1 to keep un-opened and hidden away in my room, so in accouple years the first edition 1st deck from the crazy good company is worth a fotrune,,,,then the other 2 are for me to play with ^-^

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I bought 4 ( I like even numbers)
I'll probably keep one unopened just as a keepsake, but I would be interested in a deck with a different color just to do a color change or something like that.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Hey guys,
This is my first post here, so hey. A lot of people may know me from other magic sites, I sure recognize a lot of names!
Anyway, in response to the original post:
I photoshop cards for fun, and edit them and play around with the colors. Your idea inspired me to play around with the Guardian card design, and see what I could do.
This first image, is a plain white reverse of the guardian deck. It's really bright, so it is hard to see:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g1.png
The second one looks more like the Guardian. It is still a reverse, but I sharpened it considerably:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g2.png
The last one, is not a reverse at all. It is just a result of me playing around with the guardian's colors:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g3.png
Enjoy!
-Zodiac-

I really like the inverse.

That blew my mind. It looked pretty sick I know its bright but bright is good

~Jordan

i think other colours would be cool as long as the faces are the same. but isn't it really soon to be asking for this stuff? give them time, they have been really stressed and busy lately to get all this rollin'. so just relax, enjoy and it will come with time.

I really like them the way they are....I don't want anything too "Flashy" just enough for my audience to go "Where did you get those wow!' I got 3 though, because I want to keep 1 un-opened and use the 2 in my performances only =]

-RA69

When I mentioned the Inverted Card, I guess I should have been a little more specific. I don't want Black Cards. I would just like to see the back of the card Inverted.

Keep the face of the cards white because people recognize that as Playing Cards. Black faced cards will sometimes be looked at weird by the spectator.

When I mentioned the Inverted Card, I guess I should have been a little more specific. I don't want Black Cards. I would just like to see the back of the card Inverted.

Keep the face of the cards white because people recognize that as Playing Cards. Black faced cards will sometimes be looked at weird by the spectator.

I know what you mean, one of my family members thought my Black Tigers were marked somehow, so I had to go use another deck because if I did something they beleived some how I was "cheating"...

-RA69

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I know what you mean, one of my family members thought my Black Tigers were marked somehow, so I had to go use another deck because if I did something they beleived some how I was "cheating"...

-RA69

My dad is like that.
When I got a new deck of Bicycle Poker cards he was convinced they were rigged, even though he watched me pick them out.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
WARNING! HUGE ASS POST!

I wouldn't buy them unless they were in red and blue.

Beyond that, has anyone forgotten the lessons Glen taught us way back about "gaffed-looking cards"?
yeah they do scream trick/gaff deck... but they're still sexy...

3 decks? You magicians and your crazyness.

We flourishers know the only way to buy cards is in bricks of 12 :p
ahh yes... the humble "flourisher's dozen"... gotta start saving up... :( It will cost more here in Australia...

i just got an awesome idea how about a gaff deck for the guardian deck!
:eek:No one would have ever thought of that!!!! [/sarcasm]

i would really actually like to see a guardian in silver or gold. im reallyy liking the black but a metallic colour would look great as well. too bad i havent bought any yet....i dont have a credit card...just gotta wait and see if theory11 will get paypal too:D
that would look uber sexy!!!

Hey guys,

This is my first post here, so hey. A lot of people may know me from other magic sites, I sure recognize a lot of names!

Anyway, in response to the original post:

I photoshop cards for fun, and edit them and play around with the colors. Your idea inspired me to play around with the Guardian card design, and see what I could do.

This first image, is a plain white reverse of the guardian deck. It's really bright, so it is hard to see:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g1.png

The second one looks more like the Guardian. It is still a reverse, but I sharpened it considerably:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g2.png

The last one, is not a reverse at all. It is just a result of me playing around with the guardian's colors:
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc211/customcards192/?action=view&current=g3.png

Enjoy!

-Zodiac-
I like the first one... the rest look a bit too edited that they lose meaning... well that's just my opinion...

Yes I can't have just have 3...I need an infinite supply...lol
Don't we all...

why i need 3....
1 to keep un-opened and hidden away in my room, so in accouple years the first edition 1st deck from the crazy good company is worth a fotrune,,,,then the other 2 are for me to play with ^-^
only one to keep unopened? Think like 6 to 12 unopened... they better be as rare as Jerry's in a few decades...

I think the Guardian decks would look really cool inversed proffesionally.
Yeah, I agree. Inversing them on Photoshop won't do... the shading will come out all wrong... If I have the time I might do a nice render...

I really like them the way they are....I don't want anything too "Flashy" just enough for my audience to go "Where did you get those wow!' I got 3 though, because I want to keep 1 un-opened and use the 2 in my performances only =]

-RA69
they really are that sexy aren't they?

... and now for some more...

I reckon they should make some ownage court cards like devil kings and reaper Jacks or Jokers and Slayer Queens...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results