Guitarists on T11 Please Read

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
I would be in, but I'm not that good at the guitar. I love crankin the amp up in the morning though. I'm mostly into Blink 182 songs. Yeah, I play Crazy Train also, who doesn't?

Well the reason I was hosting it, was to not bag down T11 with the burden due to it being a magic forum. Also knowing one of the driving forces behind T11 is a music creator/producer that maybe they would be interested in it. No need to be negative about it, if you don't like the idea say so, and if that happens to be the general consensus, I will scrap the idea.

T11 is a community, and I see no reason not to present this idea to that community.

Sep 1, 2007
I don't know... Ever heard of fun?

I'm a member of a music messageboard that has monthly songwriting contests. People show off their chops there.

Interestingly, the board does not have a magic contest, or a cooking contest, or a PUA contest. Haven't they ever heard of fun? Oh wait...

Oct 21, 2007
I will definitly be up for the contest, I have played slide guitar for well over 15 years. I have had some great tips givin to me by Eric, which has inspired me greatly and I usually play his type of music, "Rock'ish blues (slide)" that is. I love blues, What kind of guitar contest? is it to make up your own song? fastest guitar player? etc etc

I am simply looking for interest levels right now, the rules are still in a grey area as well as approval from anyone besides Dana (anyone besides Dana care to chime in and let me know?)

Ill post another thread when and if this post gets enough interest.

Oct 21, 2007
The rules should be:

1. everyone that enters has to make up a song from scratch.

2. the song that catches the most ears.

3. no timed play/pre-recorded (what I mean is someone recording and then playing it while acting like they are really playing the guitar.

4. no live shows, since people will think it's not really you.

5. it should be rated on a technical skill level and how it sounds (pleasing to the ears).

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
But what kind of music? Does it have to be strictly someone shredding, or can it be a softer acoustic something? Does it just have to be guitars in the song?

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
hey all!

well i play a little guitar myself....i'm not really any good, so i wouldnt enter the contest. but seeing as there are alot of musicians cruising around this thread i thought it would be a good idea to ask the following... ANY song writer/composer interested in writing/composing a song for the card-cave?

pm me for details!

-BRad

There has to be some kind of constant, or it will be impossible to judge. You cannot just have a no rules, free for all style, no time limit guitar off or the contest will be so diverse that you cannot determine a criteria.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results