Gypsy Thread Review

Jul 25, 2008
This is my review on the Gypsy Thread 1on1. Hope this helps!!!

Difficulty: Alright the 1on1 preview may say the difficulty is easy. Let me tell u that is not the easiest thing to get down at first. IMO, Theory11 should have put intermediate. I say this because it's thread and it can get kinda tricky. But overall it gets very easy

Teaching: As we all know about Theory11 1on1's the teaching is 100%

Is it gimmicked? No it is not

The way Dan Sperry does it is with candles( to rip the thread). That way is ok but i never do it. You could do the other way which is ripping them by hand. Or u can go the lame way and use scissors. <--------DONT DO IT

Reactions: Reactions are killer!!!!!!!!! If u do it right =D

Overall this is a fairly good 1on1 do have. It has great reactions and once you get the hang of the setup( which will take a little time to adapt), it's really fun.

Out of ten i'll give it an 8. Only cuz of the setup part. BUT DONT LET THAT DISCOURAGE YOU.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
The setup is totally worth the reactions. Here's an idea for the gypsy thread i saw another magician do:

Use dental floss. For this, you need to have the "set-up" at the front instead of the back. People familiar with the trick will know what i mean. Because of the floss dispenser, cutting it will be easy. Patter:

"When i was a little kid, my mom would always tell me to floss. It would always take me a long time because i didn't know how to floss. I used to pull out a little piece of floss, one for each tooth. (as you say this, rip off 5 or six pieces of floss about 2 inches long each, while concealing the setup. You can even let the spectator rip off some pieces) Of course, this would take a long time. But I soon learned that you were supposed to use one long peice of floss. I didn't want the little pieces to go to waste so i did something interesting. I rolled the pieces up into a little ball, and stuck it onto the last piece. And with a blow, it restores into one long piece of floss" (make sure you do the revelation slowly like Dan says)

That's just an idea for you to play around with. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results