Hamman Count:-???

Aug 15, 2017
I would be REALLY greatful if anyone could give me some tips on how to improve my hamman count, or even just comment on it.
Only thing, don't be TOO harsh, but if my count is sh**, do tell me so :)

The first and the last counts are legit counts (which means they are not hamman counts) but the others in between are hamman count.

PS:- This is a temporary video and I don't intend to keep it online for long.
Last time when I did the Classic Palm review-sort of thing, very few people (but the ones who did, I am eternally grateful to them) came up to help me. I dunno why...maybe others did not have any good tips? Or maybe because I was SO bad at it that they did not know how to make me better :D Nevertheless, pls help me this time 'round?

PPS:- Please do not bash me about the cards. I do have better ones, but was too lazy to get them out...

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Typically a Hamman Count is used to conceal a packet of cards and not a single card. As a result, it is difficult to critique your handling. For a single card use a Elmsley (Ghost) or Jordan Count. Also, I think a front view would be better to see the mechanics.

Your handling is a bit different than the standard in that the standard is more drawing the card to the side and yours is more forward. Also, the standard is uses an overhand (Biddle type) grip where you are using a sort of finger tip grip.

I think your speed is a little too fast. The count should be deliberate.

The purpose of moving the thumb after you draw the card away is to provide an open view of the card to the audience. You need to pause for a split second after so the audience can see the card. Think of it as opening your hand up.

The "thing" you do with the last card is completely unnecessary. What is the purpose of that? I suspect you are demonstrating that there isn't more than one card. To me, that indicates that at some point there was more than one card. By trying to dispel a method, you are actually drawing attention to a method. If a normal person counted out a packet of cards would they do that? Of course not.

Reactions: Lord Magic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results