hand cream?

ifreuds

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thailand
Hey guys,

I have a question. When i do flourishes sometime it easy ,sometime its harder than usual. Is it because of the dryness of your hand(is that a word? dryness lol)? like the pirouette, if your hand is a bit wet it easier to held the card with your middle finger than your hand dry. so in general does wetting your hands a little a good thing for flourishes? and if it is, how do i get them wet? hand cream? if I use them will the card ruin quicker?

Sorry for my very poor English D:
Thank you in advance.
Michael Lao.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
I would not recommend to use hand cream because it will probably ruin your cards.
But you can either moisten your fingers with your tongue or you can use a moistener pad...

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I have hands that self-moisten pretty easily (there's no way to say that that isn't a little weird), so I don't tend to have that problem.

My best recommendation is this:

1. Moisturize your hands every night. This will keep them a bit more moisturized throughout the day, and may help.

2. If you need to be able to grip the cards better at a moment's notice, you can try something like Sortkwik Fingertip Moistener. I've heard it works well.

3. Also try breathing on your hands or rubbing your fingertips together, it can get them a little bit more moist sometimes.

Dan and Dave also sell their own moisturizer that they say works better for card handlers. But I've never tried it, so I can't tell you if it's good or not.

Best,
Vince

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results