Handling 2 cards as 1 !

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Hello Members,
I'm getting back into serious close up magic after a 30 year absence.. My question —is/are there any good books that cover methods of handling 2 cards as 1. I've seen magicians lay down, softly throw down on a table, and move hand to hand without the cards separating. Years ago, it was common to use saliva or bees wax to assist in these moves,but I'm hoping in the pasting of time better methods have been developed, better handling. Any recommended reading will be of great assistants. Thanks and Take Care - magic.42

Jul 13, 2010
"The Nail and Edge-Principle" Rafael Benatar
"About the Handling of Double Cards: A Lecture" Arturo de Ascanio

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Does anyone know where I can purchase a copy of "The Nail and Edge-Principle" Rafael Benatar ? I've been looking, but have had no luck locating an available copy.
Thanks and Take Care - magic.42

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 27, 2012
Florida
It's not the double lift in question,but what happens after the lift - itself. The methods in use to the handling of the double from hand to hand, hand to table ,hand to packet, etc. It's this type of information I'm in search of. I liked the first response a lot. I've purchased the second item on Chriswiens' list and believe I have found the second in the March 2005 Genii magazine. I will check out all responses that are given. Thanks and Take Care - magic.42

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results