hands size matter?t ant

ifreuds

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2012
Thailand
Does hands size matter with some of the cut?

I can't seem to be able to do the scissor cut, is it because of my hands size or case of practicing. well, if its the practicing, i guess i did something wrong with the cut because I'm trying to do it for a while now but it seem like im going nowhere.

Any help please?
Thank you

Jul 2, 2011
Californiaaa
Certain hand sizes can make it difficult to learn certain cuts, but if you practice enough, you should be able to increase your fingers' flexibility or find some way to execute the cut that works for you (or at least, that's what other people say). Just keep practising!
Can't really help you, though; still working on the scissor cut myself...

Jun 12, 2012
USA,California
well my friend, hand size partially does matter for some but mostly you can overcome it. Example would be thumb cut or the eye cut, a small hand couldn't reach the thumb to grab the deck and couldn't do the talon properly BUT you can push the deck out and pull it back in to grab the deck thus closing your finger together to successfully do the talon.
Do not worry about the size, just do what you think it's possible, but i think if you're 13+ it won't be a problem?

I can't seem to be able to do the scissor cut, is it because of my hands size or case of practicing. well, if its the practicing, i guess i did something wrong with the cut because I'm trying to do it for a while now but it seem like im going nowhere.

Any help please?
Thank you

Hand size can make certain maneuvers easier in the sense that it will take less practice to achieve certain things but it all comes down to stretching the tendons in the back of your hands whether you have small, medium, or large hands.

Only a couple moves are intensely hard for those with smaller hands, like thumb cuts because they can't stretch their thumb along the pack. But keep practicing and come up with ways to accomplish the same thing in a different manor.

I remember when I was first shown the one handed shuffle, my hands were like No Fackin' Way! we are going to be able to do this! And I have large hands...but after a lot of practice, I was able to do it gradually over time.

It's just a matter of persistence, you'll get it soon enough.

- Steve

May 17, 2011

Any help please?
Thank you

If I may trow my 2 cents in, think of your hands as Bruce Lee, they may be small, but when you work on ANYTHING properly, you can be great at it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results