Handwashing

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Hey guys!

I don't see to many people use the handwash anymore, generally because it was used at the card table, but if you havent had a go of it i really recommend you try it! It can work amazingly well and it can look very natural. Michael Vincent has used it before and it looks great.

Here is a video of me performing a handwash with a DPS i know there is a bit of finger flutter on the shift but hey this is more for the wash anyway check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJl3nmkBfUo

Tom

ATH

May 1, 2010
I wash my hands a lot, especially after using the bathroom. I sure hope that other people do as well :eek:

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I've done some work with washes, mostly with other objects, and haven't ran into a situation where a wash is necessary with cards.

I could see it useful for a card cheat, and yours was done beautifully, I just don't see myself needing/using it anytime soon. If I did gambling demonstrations I would use this (would make a great prequel to the invisible palm routine).

I think most magicians tricks are too fast and on top of that they never palm so there is an answer as to why it's not seen. I'm comfortable palming and never think to 'prove' my hands are clean because in my mind (and my spectators) my hands are clean...so they must be!

You pointed out the finger flutter, which was the only thing wrong in the video, everything else was flawless.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Thanks man!

I know exactly what you mean with the "proving" but for me its more like a subtle prove its just like your playing with your hands so either way if people are watching or not it puts that your hands are empty but its great if you need to switch the card from hand to hand. :p

Tom

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
That is true, as far as switching from hand to hand goes.

Something I might look into in the future, keep it in mind at least, while thinking of new effects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results