Has This Been Done?

Seth Hughes

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2018
VA
I reacently came up with an idea and method for an effect, And I was wondering if it had been done before.

The effect is an ungimmicked Book Test where the spectator picks a page, Then picks a word on the page. The magician then tells them the letters in the word. The routine ends with the magician pulling a slip of paper out of his pocket with Their thought of word on it.

I am pretty sure that this has been done before, but I don’t know if anyone has come up with a version with no gimmicks.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I am pretty sure that this has been done before, but I don’t know if anyone has come up with a version with no gimmicks.

Tagged by Rich Ferguson is similar, but it word appears on their arm :cool:

There are a lot of ways to do this using fundamental mentalism techniques. HOWEVER, why would you want to ruin a great effect by having the word appear on a slip of paper in your pocket? You have just managed to divine a seemingly completely random word letter by letter based on a spectator merely thinking of that word and then you reveal that you knew the word all along. This is essentially negating the effect by giving them a means to the most likely method which is "he somehow made me choose that word because he knew it in advance." Sometimes less is more.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results