Have You Noticed?

Feb 28, 2009
okay for the most part i agree with you. but when you mentioned the part about how old he was i got mad. it doesnt matter how old you are. you can be any age and be an amazing magician. im 13 and i have a wide knowledge of magic i not saying im the "bees knees" but i know about magic. so don't go around saying if yourunder sixteen you are a badmagicians. there are profesional 14 year old magicians. im not tryin to bean a** or anything but it just bugs me

I agree talent can come from anyone and anywhere.

-ZM

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You spilt a flaming cocktail on my brand new shirt after you saw a kitty cat dressed like a man whore jump over two cars.

I didn't even get to hear what you said.

I was too busy running around the bar and rolling over tables.

Gustav

In my defense, it was heading straight for my pants.

Besides, never mind the cat - apparently you didn't see the dog behind it dressed in drag...

(Steerpike Moment)

Oh... are you sure? Thats what I've been told since I got here....

It's not about me, people just make it about me. I honestly don't see what's so fascinating about a man who occasionally goes on drinking binges and wakes up naked in other people backyards. It's quite beyond me.

Are we still doing this thing
lolcat.jpg

I can't believe people have resorted to these images. That's what I get for being around people with lesser intelligence. I lose a little more brain functionality every day i'm here.

ok ok guysss back on topic =P

Don't just tell us to get back on topic, it accomplishes nothing.

Don't mind me, i'm just messin with steerpike (i'm sure he can laugh at this). :p All ment in jest of course.

D

Deleted member 2755

Guys I have to agree with Nikki, we can have fun here but lets at least try to stay on topic. this topic is not about LOL cats.

I agree. I don't even know what this thread is about. I got a PM from someone saying for me to check this out, I click on one of the random pages, and all I see are lolcats.:p As awesome as they are, they are not on topic. ;)

-Doug

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
ok im gonna somewhat bring this back to topic [not rly..well sorta]

okay for the most part i agree with you. but when you mentioned the part about how old he was i got mad. it doesnt matter how old you are. you can be any age and be an amazing magician. im 13 and i have a wide knowledge of magic i not saying im the "bees knees" but i know about magic. so don't go around saying if yourunder sixteen you are a badmagicians. there are profesional 14 year old magicians. im not tryin to bean a** or anything but it just bugs me

i agree with you. Now and when i say this im not speaking for EVERY magician here, and im not saying im like that either, im jus saying, i think some magicians that are....older? well like idk about 15/16 or above, SOME of them i think sometimes might look down more or not take younger magicians as serious cause they are young and sometimes when we think back to when we were that age we think of how we acted and thought some assume they are naive. ive yet to hear anyone say if your under 16 your a bad magician tho, but i can see where your coming from.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I don't think its just teenagers either. I have seen some horrible handling or cards by people that are known as "creative" magicians!

I can think of a couple of DVDs i bought that showcase the skills these people have.

Jul 16, 2008
somewhere in New York
I don't think its just teenagers either. I have seen some horrible handling or cards by people that are known as "creative" magicians!

I can think of a couple of DVDs i bought that showcase the skills these people have.

yeah ive seen it with all ages not just teens or kids.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Young people are more likely to do this as their minds are not as developed. They make quicker decisions and have less of a better view on the world. Adults have a better judgement on ethics and right or wrongs.
Not saying all kids are pure crap but still. Its more likely that kids would do this.

I would like to chime in here a minute. Some of the problems with products being released nowadays is the mechanics, lack of practice and originality. The presentation has the personality of a rock with no true substance, the patter doesn't make sense atleast to the degree of making the effect magical, and a majority of the tricks are a wham bam thank you mam trick without the true effectiveness of leaving a lasting impression on your audience. The age thing can be a barrier yes but only a crutch if you let it. I have a artist on Blackline Magic thats 17 but has been performing magic since he was 5. He respects the art and takes it very serious, he listens when being spoken to and uses everything he hears just to make his magic that much better.

I was a bit skeptical I have to admit in the beginning signing him due to the fact I didn't think he would be a acceptable asset to the company because of his age and I didn't think the community would take him serious. Let me tell you I am glad I went with my gut everyday he makes me want to be a better magician every time I speak with him which happens to be daily he pushes me to dig out the dusty books and get back in the game. I took steps to hire some of the most respected studiers in magic to do my research for Blackline assuring me that I credit those who should be credited. Now it's impossible to recognize everybody all the time but with the right steps you can always do the right thing.

To me releasing magic to the community is not always a bad thing. I have magicians all the time assume that what I publish is all that I know, then they meet me and there like " Wow, why don't you release that? ", And the reason is that is mine and for my every day routine's. Yes, I may release something but everything I release is practical and something I use regurally. Publishing magic used to put a bitter taste in my mouth and I thought it was for selfish reasons to profit off magic but I realize it's our way of leaving our footsteps in this art before we pass and to give a little back for all we've been given. But everything has its price as does life. Just some thoughts from me hope this helped.

Shane

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results