Have you seen this done before?

Aug 1, 2008
some small town in NC
I developed a trick where a chosen card is put in the middle of the deck and the deck is put back in the box. I then take out a half dollar and have the date read. I push the coin through the box and open up the box to reveal that the coin is in the box. I ask what the card was and pick up the pack on top of the coin and show the chosen card. I then have the coin picked up and have the date read. It's the same date.

I don't know if this has been done before. Have any of you seen this before or know if someone has already made this trick?

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
I developed a trick where a chosen card is put in the middle of the deck and the deck is put back in the box. I then take out a half dollar and have the date read. I push the coin through the box and open up the box to reveal that the coin is in the box. I ask what the card was and pick up the pack on top of the coin and show the chosen card. I then have the coin picked up and have the date read. It's the same date.

I don't know if this has been done before. Have any of you seen this before or know if someone has already made this trick?

There are several effects out there that accomplish the same type of climax. Jay Sankey's "In a Flash" involves a coin on top of the deck, it goes up in flames and penetrates the deck and stops right on top of the selected card.

Daniel Garcia also has an effect from the Daniel Garcia Project where a lit cigarette penetrates the deck all the way down to the selected card.

So as you can see there are several effects out there that accomplish the same task. I'm not judging you, but I think if you check these out you'll find that they work much better.

Good luck though with your idea. The best thing to do when you have a new idea is to perfect the method, perform it a million times, analyze what doesn't work, and repeat the process.

hope that helps,,

-Kevin

Aug 1, 2008
some small town in NC
Yeah it helps a lot. I've seen those tricks. They do work well, but my trick allows you to keep your cards in good condition.

I'm also working on a few other tricks. One is called combustion (I cause fire to blast out of my palm). The other has no name yet, but it's effect is while you stand on one side of glass you see your reflection on the other side, you then have a card selected and signed, you hold the card at eye level while a few feet away from the glass, you let go and the signed card falls down to the ground on the other side of the glass. This trick is going to take a lot of prep, but it will look like a miracle. What you think?

Oct 25, 2008
Michigan
I do something exactly like what you're talking about with scotch and soda coins. The copper one dissapears and 'penetrates' the deck sitting right on top of their card.

Aug 1, 2008
some small town in NC
I'll be sure to do that. I acctully find it funny that you said the coin penetrates throuh the box, because that is what I acctully named the effect. I just wanted to see if I was the first to make this effect the way I did. Obviously I did not. I will still preform this trick, but I will let people know tht other people have done this trick before me in their own way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results