Having problem with Pressure Fan

Dec 23, 2013
Hi. I am learning to do a pressure fan. Have seen videos and tutorials but every time I try it my thumbs are hitting together and I can't make a complete fan.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dec 23, 2013
When I fan I get half way through fan I still have 1/2 deck left. Left thimb is on bottom right of the deck. right thumb is on right edge but intersects with left thumb and stops the deck in mid fan. Best I can explain.

Dec 23, 2013
Actually the left hand is holding it in a thumb fan and thimb and fingers on right hand are on the tom an bottom of deck on bottom right side

Jun 29, 2013
El Paso
When you get halfway try to not use your thumb anymore just use your finger tips. or try moving the motioning thumb around the thumb holding the fan. Send me a video if you can.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
When I do it - and I am just learning this one, too - I start with the deck in my left hand, thumb and fingers along the bottom as for any fan. My right thumb is on the bottom of the deck, closer to my body than my left thumb, on the right corner. Fingers 1 and 2 are at the outer right corner. Then I basically rotate the deck around my right thumb, and my left thumb moves slightly out and away from me.

Also, I found that going slower helped a lot.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I had the same thing, I guess. You can practise it with Under Pressure. You can look it up:).

I like listening to David Bowie as much as the next guy, but I don't know if that will help him get the move down.

Ba-dum-tsh!

Dec 30, 2013
When I do it - and I am just learning this one, too - I start with the deck in my left hand, thumb and fingers along the bottom as for any fan. My right thumb is on the bottom of the deck, closer to my body than my left thumb, on the right corner. Fingers 1 and 2 are at the outer right corner. Then I basically rotate the deck around my right thumb, and my left thumb moves slightly out and away from me.

Also, I found that going slower helped a lot.

I start with the deck in my left hand, thumb and fingers along the bottom as for any fan. My right thumb is on the bottom of the deck, closer to my body than my left thumb, on the right corner. Fingers 1 and 2 are at the outer right corner. Then I basically rotate the deck around my right thumb, and my left thumb moves slightly out and away from me.???

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results