Having Trouble Unscrewing Vapr Coil

Oct 11, 2007
Hi there,

Has anyone else experienced problems unscrewing their Vapr coil in order to charge it? I have been trying everything and looking over the instructional video again and again...nothing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! And yes...I do know that you have to unscrew it the opposite way (clockwise) to open it.

emagician

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Lead Sourcerer // theory11
Jul 23, 2007
USA
www.theory11.com
Hey there!

Spoke with the team, and this has not been coming up as an issue. Unscrewing is indeed done in a clockwise manner, opposite of the typical motion. It's possible that it was screwed on very tightly, and you might just need to twist it a little harder. Don't be afraid to put some muscle into it :p

If you're still having trouble, send a note to our support team and they might be able to provide more advice or a part exchange.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't have VAPR but one thing I do when I am having trouble with getting something unscrewed is to put something like a thick rubber band on it for leverage.

Oct 11, 2007
Hey guys,

Shortly after posting this, I found out what the problem was. I was already aware that the coil was reverse-threaded, therefore I was already turning it the correct way. However, the tape that you are supposed to grip was sliding every time that I was trying to twist it. It turns out that the tape was not securely stuck on to the device! A little super glue helped to secure the tape and then it worked like a charm!

In case anyone else has this same problem, have them check to see if their tape is sliding when they try to unscrew it.

emagician

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results