Heads Up Moderators, T11 Staff. Need Your Attention.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Does this mean the whole forums page, or just one specific forum almost like a select group? Because I really don't want this to become the cafe...

If it is the latter, I'm up for it. How would one get in though. I mean - would there be some sort of requirement on how much experience one has? Or would it be more like "Hey, you do magic and are active in the community, why not join us for this". Either way, it sounds like a great idea.

Sounds like an epic idea! If its one thing I've learned from being on a controlled forum such as T11, is that the more people you see perform, the more you realize how large magic really is. T11 is by all means meant for the card performers. Yes, there are other styles, but it caters to the people who uses a lot of card work. This special section Draven is speaking of will allow magicians to see things outside of their wheelhouse.

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Why don't we have a secret forum with limited access that members can upload videos of them rehearsing / performing material on for the community to critique and offer words of supporting advice?

Our mindset with the forums here is that simplicity is better. When we moved from the old version of the forums to the current version we cut out all sorts of forum sections that were redundant or unusued / less-used. This included product-specific forums, which were rarely touched.

For a rehearsal / performance video forum section, we would still need to protect the methods of the tricks shown there. No methods could be discussed, as discussing methods would reveal those methods to anyone with access to the forum. Forum access is easy - just sign up. Any more restrictive access would make things complicated. If we wanted to revert to product-specific forums, there is an issue. We can only verify product ownership for theory11 tricks. Any non-theory11 tricks would have to be prohibited so that methods would not be exposed to people who don't own those products.

So, what we are left with is this - people can post videos of their own practicing and rehearsals so long as they do not flash or otherwise reveal the methods of the tricks they are performing. This sort of thing is a welcome post in the General Forums. Any theory11 community member can offer critique or support there.

To get more specific in your conversations about a trick, there needs to be a level of privacy that surpasses what is offered by the forum experience. It is likely best achieved through personal conversations with others whom you know own the trick you are performing.

I hope this helps!

// L

Jun 13, 2013
I just want to say that I'm grateful for this forum as it is the only one that I have been able to join. As an obsessed hobbiest, I really have no connections, professional or otherwise by which I can be validated or given passage. I have always lived in parts of the U.S., Mexico, or South America wherein I have never actually met another person with a passion for magic. And the closest magic shop to me is William's Magic, however, that is over an hour away. And, with everything that has been going on with them, our paths just rarely ever meet. I am, unfortunately, completely self-taught. This is the only way that I can be in contact with people who are passionate about this art.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results