Hecklers

L

Liam Carrie

Wow great thread, need i add "The Lone Bastard" Heckler. This heckler will turn into any one of the other hecklers and will threaten you physically. They will state they might know more than you and get angry stating who the heck you think you are.

Aug 31, 2007
California
Wow great thread, need i add "The Lone Bastard" Heckler. This heckler will turn into any one of the other hecklers and will threaten you physically. They will state they might know more than you and get angry stating who the heck you think you are.

Always watch out for these, although this has never happened to me. I have heard bad stories with these such people. Never a good thing.

Keenan

Personally the best way I have found to get rid of hecklers is to put them on the spot or place the attention on them.

I do this by using them in my routine, letting them pick a card, etc. If they try and tell me off, then I'll act as smooth as possible and work around that.

This not only stops the heckler, but changes him into a good spectator. :)

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Great thread!!! As for hecklers I’d like to see a DVD or book from T11 on the art of performing close-up and street magic that address these issues. No tricks, just the pros perspectives on crowd handling, do’s and don’ts, situations etc. Maybe all the pros here collaborate on one DVD with different sections. I’d bye that. These folks have performed these tricks thousands of times in many different and difficult situations and it seems they would have a lot to teach in this arena. Part of the T11 mission is to advance the art of magic. Why not start with a solid foundation on the art of performance for the magicians to perform these tricks? How many times have you seen a magician not be able to “handle” a great trick? He has no foundation. Anyone can buy a $20 trick and go do it with a little practice. But to do it and be able to handle it, to be able to perform it like a pro, like an artist, that is the challenge to making magi and the art better. Street performers need a strong performance base to improve our art. What say you?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results