Help Creating a Promotional Site

Dec 10, 2007
Hey guys, I've been planning to make a website promoting myself for a while now, but i have no idea how to do it. That is I have everything planned out and im working on what i want on each page, but i have no idea what steps to take to actually create the site.

I was wondering if, you guys that have sites, could recommend some software or video tutorials, that would help me to do this.

I would really like to learn how to do this stuff, so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Victor Cruz

PS i posted this on DanandDave as well.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
For keeping up a website with no advertising will cost money, for domains and such.
I think you should go to a free website maker - www.wetpaint.com, then practise there.

When you're ready and you have money, then there are loads of choices. (a wetpaint website will start off www.wetpaint.com/yournamehere, while normal website will have whatever you want ;))

Depending what you want man,

If you want to do it yourself, it will take a long time to learn, and cost a lot for software.

For a professional to do something (such as myself) it may also cost a lot of money.

The above options though will look professional, and may infact get you more shows/bookings.

OR as above you could go a free website, which are usually fairly simple to make, but hard to customize, and will look very amatuer.

I posted this a while ago. It might help. However, there is a new program (in beta) that I've been using. It's called Viviti. (www.viviti.com) I have invites, so if you want to use that instead, PM me. However, if you use Viviti, the setup for the domain is slightly different. You have to use the IP adress instead of the subdomain, but it's just as easy. It explains on the site forums how to do everything.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results