Help me decide

Jul 23, 2010
so im stuck between these dvd, smoke, digital dissolve, and lit. smoke i take is based mostly on your presentation, but have doubts about how hard it hits your audience. digital dissolve i have only one question can you really hand out the coins or do you need to do some move to end clean? lit looks like a great effect so that one might be the one but who knows. also, for the invisible deck can i really get it in split spade form? i mainly a street performer if that helps, any other suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Smoke is best for the right audience, I wouldn't recommend it if you're performing for a more formal audience as they might find it slightly off putting but it's really good for middle aged groups as well as younger age groups such as 16 and above. And yes, Smoke does rely on presentation if you want it to fool people. Without it, it looks silly. But trust me, if played off right, it's really hard hitting. I still have people who i did it on still come up to me and express their emotion towards the effect (in a good way). And if that's not hard hitting to you, I don't know what is!

For Digital Dissolve, there is a clean up involved but it's done at a offbeat moment and it will fly by people easily. Plus, you can hardly call it a clean up once you learn it. As you give them the coin in your hand to inspect, you've cleaning up DURING that process and it's super easy. Most definitely not knuckle busting or awkward.

Finally, Lit is really good especially if you give away the card. Or even better, do something similar to what David Blaine did on his TV special Dive of Death (renamed to What Is Magic?) where he has the spectator sign the card, gives them a matchbook to rip out a match or something along those lines and tells them to wave the match over the pack. When they've done that, show that the card is gone from the deck and tell them to open up the matchbook and they will find their SIGNED card! Unbelieveable, right?! It isn't taught on the DVD but I think you should be able to think of a method when you look at the gaffs. If not, send me a message. But the only problem is that you will have to buy refills if you are going to have them signed and give them out. But that's only of you are going to perform that handling, it's not necessary for the standard handling.

And yes, you can get Invisible Decks in Split Spade form. I would know because I have a Split Spade Invisible Deck! But any invisible deck will work because it is without a doubt THE strongest card trick you can ever do! Period.

If you would like any personal recommendations from me, I would recommend Pressure which is a brilliant trick because you borrow the phone and even borrow the balloon! And it's super practical with the street magician in mind. Other suggestions would be Vertigo, Detach, Dresscode, Prophet, Distortion, or Thread, all of which are suitable for the street magician and all of them are found here on good old' Theory11!

Hope that helps you in making your purchase. :)

Jul 23, 2010
it sounds like you have digital dissolve so may i ask you how it well it plays out. another question you wouldnt happen to know where i can learn that lottery prediction db did on "what is magic" or when he did lit and told them to think of any card was that some sort of force?

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Digital Dissolve is pretty strong, but I've found that if you perform it with a standard copper/silver routine first with the visual change as the closer, it's much stronger as opposed to doing just the change because you are conditioning the spectator for what's about to happen. Plus, the idea of the coins changing places progressively gets more impossible throughout the routine. First, there's a basic transposition, then one hand goes behind your back and the coins still switch places, and finally for the big finish the coins visually transpose in the spectator's hands. You can work it on it's own, but the routine I've described will play off better (from my experience)

To answer the second question, I will send you a message to avoid any public exposure. And I have no clue on how to do the Lottery Prediction and have no idea where to get it! I need it!! :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results