Help Me - Ellusionist Special

Sep 1, 2007
California
Personally, I think that you should save your money up and buy one or two tricks, tops. Work on these until they're great, and make sure you invest in something thats unique, magical, and not totally mainstream. Comon, we all want to be as original as possible and not mainstream. I suggest buy a book or a large volume from which you can learn a multitude of magic. If you absolutely have the have the Black Ghost deck from the promotion, wait until the second editions come out some time next year. Remember, only the first editions will not come out again, but there will be second editions.

Anyhow, save that for the Ellusionist forums. As for your desire for ultrasmoke, i suggest getting "warning" by Daniel Garcia. It's a very "cool" effect if you're in for the smoke thing and spectators dig it. You'll get good reactions from yourself, as well as the specs. Not to mention, you'll be saving over 90 dollars to achieve sort of the same effect.

My final say on this is to go to whatistheory11.com and look up the videos each artist made, espcially the ones from Lee Asher and Aaron Fisher. They have a lot of inspirational speech about magic and advice for people on how to improve their magic. Watch them =)

Remember, do not be fooled by the hype of the promotions at E. A lot of their stuff is mainstream and is being circulated all over the US thorugh amateur magicians who don't practice enough. I don't want to sound like a "hater" or anything, but I started out magic a few years ago with E and learned through their system, and it was by far the worst mistake in magic I ever did. Luckily, my school club helped me relearn everything fresh from the start using books and the advice of the classics. It was smooth sailing from there. So remember, my opinion isn't shot out here to tell you that E absolutely sucks or spending 350 bucks on magic is bad. I hope you found my spiel somewhat useful, and I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did, then I sincerely apologize.

-the KOC

*Sigh* Here ya go...everything that's worth getting from "E" that will add up to $350...although I recommend AGAINST it...

AOA http://www.ellusionist.com/product/...art+of+astonishment&sortby=newArrivals&page=1

Total: 110

13 Steps to Mentalism
http://www.ellusionist.com/product/tricks/books/13+steps+to+mentalism+by+corinda.do

Total: 138.50

Card College
http://www.ellusionist.com/product/tricks/books/card+college+by+robert+giobbi.do

Total: 285.50

Modern Coin Magic
http://www.ellusionist.com/product/tricks/books/modern+coin+magic+bobo+book+dover.do

Total: 297.48

Stigmata
http://www.ellusionist.com/product/dvd+training/wayne+houchin/stigmata+by+wayne+houchin.do

Total: 327.43

Sinful
http://www.ellusionist.com/product/...chin/criss+angel+-+signed+coin+in+soda+can.do

Total: 356.93

And lastly...
David Stone's Real Secrets of Magic:
http://www.ellusionist.com/category/dvd+training/showmanship-theory.do

Total: A little over 425.

You can choose to get everything listed and never shop from "E" again or get 350's worth this time around, then get the rest during another promotion, and never shop there again =].

~David Rysin

C

clarrus

Thanx for the advice. I'm sure other people can use it too. I'll definately check out Garcia's smoke version. You the man.

Personally, I think that you should save your money up and buy one or two tricks, tops. Work on these until they're great, and make sure you invest in something thats unique, magical, and not totally mainstream. Comon, we all want to be as original as possible and not mainstream. I suggest buy a book or a large volume from which you can learn a multitude of magic. If you absolutely have the have the Black Ghost deck from the promotion, wait until the second editions come out some time next year. Remember, only the first editions will not come out again, but there will be second editions.

Anyhow, save that for the Ellusionist forums. As for your desire for ultrasmoke, i suggest getting "warning" by Daniel Garcia. It's a very "cool" effect if you're in for the smoke thing and spectators dig it. You'll get good reactions from yourself, as well as the specs. Not to mention, you'll be saving over 90 dollars to achieve sort of the same effect.

My final say on this is to go to whatistheory11.com and look up the videos each artist made, espcially the ones from Lee Asher and Aaron Fisher. They have a lot of inspirational speech about magic and advice for people on how to improve their magic. Watch them =)

Remember, do not be fooled by the hype of the promotions at E. A lot of their stuff is mainstream and is being circulated all over the US thorugh amateur magicians who don't practice enough. I don't want to sound like a "hater" or anything, but I started out magic a few years ago with E and learned through their system, and it was by far the worst mistake in magic I ever did. Luckily, my school club helped me relearn everything fresh from the start using books and the advice of the classics. It was smooth sailing from there. So remember, my opinion isn't shot out here to tell you that E absolutely sucks or spending 350 bucks on magic is bad. I hope you found my spiel somewhat useful, and I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did, then I sincerely apologize.

-the KOC

D

Deleted member 2755

I don't have it, but from what I've heard about how it works, seen videos and pics of it, and what it can do for your magic, I would say in addition to getting the Ultrasmoke 2000, pick up the Electric Touch. That should add a bunch money on there. This is what I say, if you have enough effects and you want to get some things to really add to your magic get:

Ultrasmoke 2000
Ultrasmoke 2000 refill cartridge (ultrasmoke comes with 2, and this comes with 2, you'll be set for a while)
Electric Touch

I think thats about $320 about. Then go ahead and pick yourself up the 3 loop DVDs. If you enjoy the DVDs and love loops, don't continue buying loops. Save yourself some money and buy some thread.

www.brownbeauty.org I have not bought from here, but many magicians including Justin Miller love this thread. It's 80 bucks (a bit more if you are like me and want the instructions) and you are set for life. It's a 6 mile spool of invisible thread. It's the strongest, almost completely invisible, and largest amount ever sold for so cheap. I can't recommend it though since I don't have it myself, but go and ask some people at E that got it, or PM Justin Miller (although I don't think he comes on here much anymore).

Once I get the Electric Touch, I am going to start performing the trick Hair from the LOOPS dvd set with it.

Happy holidays and have fun with your Black Ghost!

-Doug

If you are dead set on ordering that much money from Ellusionist, don't go with the Ninja series, there are so many more valuable sources where you can learn the exact same thing that Brad teachers.

I'd go with the Art of Astonishment Series, Maximum Entertainment, Card College, and the David Stone Volumes.

That should last you long enough. That should last you a good few years... that's a load of valuable material that you can pace yourself through.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
man, you guys are great.......

We are aren't we? :D

Card college is by far one of my best purchases... I second the comment about the Ninja series not being great. I bought Ninja 1 (I was naive and bought into the hype) and was very dissatisfied with the contents. Personally I don't have anything against any website (hey, I buy stuff I like, that's how I roll). I would say certainly get Card college and AoA... and after that if you can get Ultrasmoke. These are three things that I believe will actually improve your magic. They also have the advantage of being jam packed with material, tricks, technique and advise. Ultrasmoke is pretty cool, and I recommend it because a) you said you really wanted it and b) I may buy it at some point also. :D

Have a glorious day

Juan

Sep 1, 2007
California
LOL actually...Ultrasmoke can be an extremely useful prop, NOT trick, but prop, to enhance the effects you can already perform. Works great with cards and vanishes, some color changes, and well... you get the point. It can be applied in many different ways... just make sure you have a nice leather (or fake) jacket to wear so that you look completely legit when performing =) I'm sure if I had the money to buy that, which I do, I would buy it. ONly problem is I still live under my parents' roof and buying something that expensive well, just isn't their thing yet. Some day, maybe this christmas, I will go ahead and purchase that baby. I heard it last fairly long and stays in quite good condition over long periods of time, so if you find your act needs that extra MPPPH then cash in on this and grab an extra cartridge or so while you're at it, because you know you're gonna use this prop a lot haha, I can guarantee that =)

C

clarrus

Ultra smoke looks soooo useful. I could like slap someone and as soon as palm contacts face, release smoke. I'll tell people, "That was the slap of combustion!"

Oct 21, 2007
www.hi5.com
I don't really think the tattoo dvds are the best purchase at all I don't really see the point in them. The Brad Christian dvds are pretty good to. The Shadow Masters are amazing. I'ts your choice. What kind of magic are you into? The E forums should be more helpful for this question.

Dec 14, 2007
Bud, if you're trying to spend 350 dollars...

All Volumes of Tarbell- Around 180
Mark Wilson's Complete Course- 15
Modern Coin Magic- 10
The Royal Road to Card Magic- 10
Expert Card Technique- 11
Volumes 1-3 of Art Of Astonishment- 120

That's $346 and THOUSANDS if not TENS OF THOUSANDS of pages of magic....versus 5 effects and a few decks of cards...

~David Rysin

Hehe glad there is someone posting some decent material.
The only thing I would add is strong magic by Ortiz.

My friend, stay away from buying too much Ellusionist or Theory 11 materials all at once. Not because they are not good but because these tend to be one dvd effects which are used alone or as a strong finish in a routine.

The material David posted above will certainly benefit you much more.

Tarbell course to magic are regarded to be the "bible" of magic and will take you 4-5 years to just read the material on those and get part of it down.

Trust me it is not worth wasting $350 on ellusionist dvds just to get a black ghost deck which is going to be released to the public for $8 per deck in 3 months time. ;)

If you are really serious on what your doing then realise that those singe dvd effects are not what your looking for at the beggining.

Nicolas

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
Ok so here is my advice

Take out King Rising and Ninja 1, because I heard those are bad, Ninja 2 on the other hand is better so keep that

Add to what you have:
  • Sinful
  • Fraud
  • CArd College series (if you are into card magic)
  • Kaos
  • Torn
  • Stigmata
  • Indecent
  • Maybe Crash Course 1 and 2
  • DAvid Stone's REal Secrets of magic Vol 1 & 2

Unless you have any of those, thats my advice

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results