Help on A Speech?

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
Hey guys!

This is my first year as a freshman. I'm taking Communications Applications.
As most of you already know, I quit card flourishing. But today is going to temporarily change that. This is an "Informative Speech."

So could you guys help me on this, by dropping some UNBIASED INFORMATION on the topic?

My topic is going to be on...

THE ART OF CARD FLOURISHING

I'll write whats on the rubric...

Informative Speech Packet

Due Date - Oct. 15 (The day before my bday ^^)
This assignment is worth THREE TEST grades. One test grade will be given for the written speech and two grades for the performance of the speech. Several Daily Grades will also be given. Even though the written speech might receive a 100%, the performance may not. This can happen due to any number of situations, such as lack of visual aids, reading the speech, etc...

Rules to Follow
1. The speech must be on an Informative Topic -NO opinions. (This basically means you are acting as the teacher or expert on the subject of a person, place, idea, or process) - NO POLITICS, RELIGION, DRUGS, OR ABORTION.

2. The speech must be 3 to 4 minutes in length. (This typically means the written speech must be roughly 2 to 3 pages, depending on how fast/slow you speak.)

3. The speech must be Typed, Double Spaced, 12 Point Font, have a Cover Page, Introduction, Body, Conclusion, and a Bibliography.

4. The Cover Page must have Your name, Communications Applications, Mumford (Teacher for those who don't know), Class period, Date, Title of your paper.

5. The written speech must have 3 different types of Sources. (ex: book, web page, magazine, newspaper, reference book...)

6. The performance must have at least ONE VISUAL AID (Which would be my cards). It must cause interest or help explain your topic, and Large enough to be seen by everyone.

7. Because this is our second speech -The performer can use note cards with key phrases, but must look up 80% of the time. Your note cards must be checked prior to the speech.

Thanks again guys!

-Eugene

May 18, 2008
Hey guys!

This is my first year as a freshman. I'm taking Communications Applications.
As most of you already know, I quit card flourishing. But today is going to temporarily change that. This is an "Informative Speech."

So could you guys help me on this, by dropping some UNBIASED INFORMATION on the topic?

My topic is going to be on...

THE ART OF CARD FLOURISHING

I'll write whats on the rubric...

Informative Speech Packet

Due Date - Oct. 15 (The day before my bday ^^)
This assignment is worth THREE TEST grades. One test grade will be given for the written speech and two grades for the performance of the speech. Several Daily Grades will also be given. Even though the written speech might receive a 100%, the performance may not. This can happen due to any number of situations, such as lack of visual aids, reading the speech, etc...

Rules to Follow
1. The speech must be on an Informative Topic -NO opinions. (This basically means you are acting as the teacher or expert on the subject of a person, place, idea, or process) - NO POLITICS, RELIGION, DRUGS, OR ABORTION.

Not hard. Just stray from saying stuff like Dan and Dave are the best and you wil be fine.

2. The speech must be 3 to 4 minutes in length. (This typically means the written speech must be roughly 2 to 3 pages, depending on how fast/slow you speak.)

Pretty easy. Just write about how it is an art form and what it was influenced by.

3. The speech must be Typed, Double Spaced, 12 Point Font, have a Cover Page, Introduction, Body, Conclusion, and a Bibliography.

4. The Cover Page must have Your name, Communications Applications, Mumford (Teacher for those who don't know), Class period, Date, Title of your paper.

5. The written speech must have 3 different types of Sources. (ex: book, web page, magazine, newspaper, reference book...)

Jerry's book, Daniel Madison's Dangerous, and Street Magic Magazine.

6. The performance must have at least ONE VISUAL AID (Which would be my cards). It must cause interest or help explain your topic, and Large enough to be seen by everyone.

Just do a sybil or something

7. Because this is our second speech -The performer can use note cards with key phrases, but must look up 80% of the time. Your note cards must be checked prior to the speech.

This is fun, so that isn't hard.

Thanks again guys!

-Eugene

So unfair. I wish I had that class...

Explain about how Devo claimes he has been in it for over thirty years, and the most basic flourishes, armspreads, fans and charlier cuts have been around for hundreds, but XCM started close to 1999 when Brian Tudor released his DVD.

Later on came Dan and Dave Buck on to the scene with the System, Daniel Madison, very recently with Lethal and Dangerous, and Devo with Cradle to Grave and others.

Decknique came about sometime in between and made a stir with thousands of people who had been practicing and allowed them to have a place to show and share their stuff.

Sorry if that doesn't help...

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
wow three test grades....

Anyways, research how flourishing first came up. You could mention the use of sleights at the card table being the first form of card handling. this then evolved into magic and then into flourishing. Then explaing all the de'vo stuff, jerry, dan and dave, modern flourishers and also talk about the influence of magic to flourishing and vice versa. Hope that helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results