Help with getting rid of gimmick

Apr 28, 2014
As I've said in here before, I have a trick that is pretty much complete. Though at the end of the trick I end up with a gimmick in my hand. I've been trying to come up with ways of getting rid of it, though nothing has come to mind that wouldn't look funny. Anyone have any ideas? Small gimmick.

Apr 28, 2014
It's a color change. From the book that I've read many times now, magic my misdirection, it says that you need to have a reason to bring your hand to your pocket. I just don't have reason for it. I was thinking I could put the deck of cards into my pocket, as this is a single color change, involving only one card. The card can be handed out to anyone watching. This also has pretty nice angles too, as your body covers most of what would be bad angles. Being performed at chest level, I've never had anyone see any type of flash, or figure it out. Though keep in mind I'm not doing this for magicians, just the average person. I was thinking of possibly using some type of system like the Raven or something similar to completely get rid of the gimmick, but I feel this just over complicates it all. I was trying to find a false palm, like they have false thumbs. Just a small piece of latex that can be used for hiding something, though I couldn't find anything like this. So far I've just had whoever I perform this for hold the deck of cards for me. I perform the effect, hand the card out to them, and grab the deck when I do so. I have a card on the bottom that deck that has a pocket in it, that holds the card. It can't be looked at, otherwise you would obviously be able to tell what's going on (which is why it's at the bottom of the deck. So far I haven;t had anyone find out, from just keeping it palmed in my hand. Though the card to hold the gimmick will let me free my hand up much easier. I'll be uploading a video soon for you guys. The idea is for it to look like an instant color change that can be handed out, or something you do slow motion. I think you'll will enjoy this effect.

Jul 7, 2014
What I would do is hand out the card with your "dirty hand" while showing the other hand empty that takes the heat off your hand with the gimmick and when you hand it out all their attention will be on the card in their hand because in their mind the magic happened with what they are holding so that will give you all the time in the world to ditch the gimmick I also would recommend ditching in a back pocket so your body hides the ditch more as opposed to a front pocket

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results