Here's my qualm with what has happened.

Sep 4, 2007
i am a decknique-er for the past year, and i begin with an anecdote.

i used to go to a magic website, but it fell into a very funny trap. at first, it promised to be the best free magic website, but after about a year, it changed.

it started innocently enough. your clearance level gave you access to more and more tricks, and they decided to sell what we will call "magic strudels," to keep animity. then all the sudden, all the clearance levels on all tricks doubled. even the best tricks on there were just combinations of glides, double lifts, and elmsly counts, but it used to allow young'ns to start up. now you have to pay 5 dollars to learn an asciando spread. good game, greed murdered a cool community.

What of decknique? it says in forum rules that exposing "any" moves is strictly prohibited. am i allowed to teach a sybil? you have to remember that this community is going to replace Decknique.net. will we still see tutorials in the media section? will this become ellusionist with "underground" tacked on to it? will we still see crazy dudes with skills making wasabi with 3 huge hammers?

im not making any accusations, but we stand on a slippery slope. does anyone feel this way?

I think the tutorials are good, I gotta go look at them myself!

And I think I know the site you're talking about, forgot the name though.

It tested you based on magic knowledge and if you knew alot it'd let you unlock more tutorials?

It was ok, except my knowledge of magic history needs brushing up on.

Thanks,
Evan

(PS: To your side thing, I never used decknique, only heard of it, so no idea.

Thanks,
Evan

Sep 4, 2007
decknique promoted free tutorials of florishes. cuts like Clueless I were better than stuff on the Trilogy (no offense). are we still allowed to post tutorials?

decknique was a "cool stuff" site, not just florishing. it showed skilled people doing really awesome stuff, i.e. yoyo, breakdancing, rubix cube, etc.

Sep 2, 2007
I assume since they say on the front page that you can submit your stuff, and it may be sold as the next theory11 product, that more ppl will be persuaded to submit their stuff to be sold than to give it away as a free tutorial. However, there are still some out there who don't want that, and prefer to give stuff away to the community. I salute them now, not that selling your stuff is wrong. I mean hell, if you made it and want to make a profit, fine. I'm just saying that it's also good to keep the community going, and keep it what it was, not make it into a commercial thing.

well here is the media guidelines on the submit page

http://www.theory11.com/media-guidelines.php

it doesnt say anything about tutorials on flourishes but it does say to not post videos that expose magic effects .. i dont consider flourishes as magic .. its more of a flashy skill really ... so i dont think there should be a problem with that but it never hurts to ask the staff here at Theory11.

and you bring up a good point ... Decknique was more than just a card community there was a wide variety of skills that were posted on there but since this is a magic site and not a site dedicated to dexterity in general i doubt that you will see anything other than cards, coins, and so on... im going to miss that part of decknique.. oh well

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results