HMV Live Performance

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hmm...

Ok, first of all, I applaud you for getting out there and performing to real people *applause*.

Now, for the performance. I thought your patter was very creative, although, I think you could've had a bit more build-up. I hope that was sort of used as an opener, and you built up to more powerful effects.

The music seemed to fit the performance very well, even though I am not sure that it was YOU who put it on over the performance.

Overall, it was pretty good. 8 out of 10.

Keep up the good work.

-Sanj

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Well credit HMV for being so cheesy, and it was an opener for Overkill, which went well. After that Sandwich the kids opened up to us, dunno why my friend stopped afterwards.

PS - Thanks for all postive comments! Anyway i can improve more on this single affect alone?
PS number 2 - Credit Morgician for patter.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
Again, well done for performing to real people.

Unfortunately i have discovered the problem. "PS number 2 - Credit Morgician for patter."

The patter was fine, but it's the way you delivered it. It wasn't yours and you didn't connect with the spectator. It felt very rigid and seemed like you were trying to remember what to say.
Why not just write a basic outline of a script and inject some of your personality into the performance.

Take my advice or not, keep performing.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
Doing that right now. As for the PS number two, i didnt copy his patter, jus the concept of everyday items, instead something out of bounds. Shoes was the first thing that came to mind. But i did struggle to deliver the patter. Thanks Dima.

BTW - Anything you can tell me about properly connecting with spectators through patter?

Mar 9, 2008
It was good....but never ever "lose" the card and then say o you want to see it...spectator can easily realise that you know where the card is and will be able to control it

Mar 9, 2008
Basically what you did was dribbled the cards on top of the selected card...making it look like your losing it into the pack....but then someone said show the camera and instantly you just picked it up and showed the card...what i'm trying to say is that from this the spectator will probably know now that you know where his card is and you really didn't "lose" it in the deck

Sep 20, 2008
i thought that was cool. =] didnt like the patter and the ending. but its cool to see live performances.

Oct 2, 2008
UK
Jinai.deviantart.com
If next time i get the chance, i will post another performance of this trick with better patter. MentalState, you are mental state. But the Cam man did the best he could with the medium we were using.

Mar 29, 2008
Shak - try to make your patter have more meaning to the effect. I am not sure what the story about the shoes had to do with the actual effect? You have got some good advice on some of the other aspects.

I love how you had Backstreet boys playing in the Back(street)ground, haha, nice!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results