Hofzinser Cards

Jun 2, 2013
After playing with around with my sleights and browsing theory 11, I found Hofzinser Cards. The cards have very nice reviews about how deceptive they are, but before I buy them I want to know firsthand from someone in this forum how well they really work.

Thanks.

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
telling you how they work would be exposure. but they're easy to use and work very well. pick it up if i were you

Jun 2, 2013
If I were to look at the card in the light, face of the card facing me, would i still be able to see the "hidden card"?

Apr 17, 2013
I do not know about the ones they sell here. The ones I make only if the was directly back lit. If you get the art of card splitting DVD he tells you how to make them. Also if you make your own then you can overcome the one issue most people have with the cards.

Jun 2, 2013
I just looked at the dvd on penguin magic, it looks fantastic. I will still buy the T11 Hofzinser Cards, but I will definately take a look at that dvd...

Apr 17, 2013
I just looked at the dvd on penguin magic, it looks fantastic. I will still buy the T11 Hofzinser Cards, but I will definately take a look at that dvd...

What is nice about making them yourself if you set the card you see. So if you need three 2 of clubs you can have three 2 of clubs.

Jun 2, 2013
I think that Jeremy should have an interface set up for buyers to have them select the reveal and the back of card design.

Apr 17, 2013
I think that Jeremy should have an interface set up for buyers to have them select the reveal and the back of card design.

There is limitations to card colors and the reveal and the see through cards. They have to be of certain colors.

Jun 2, 2013
I understand that certain faces (such as royals) and certain colored backs (such as blues) don't work. However, there are many that would work (Red Tally-Hos, Red Bicycles, and others). I think that if customization was available, even just choice of faces, many more customers would be willing to buy Hofzinser Cards.

Apr 17, 2013
I understand that certain faces (such as royals) and certain colored backs (such as blues) don't work. However, there are many that would work (Red Tally-Hos, Red Bicycles, and others). I think that if customization was available, even just choice of faces, many more customers would be willing to buy Hofzinser Cards.

This is why I learned to make my own. And I even buy the left handed bikes to fix some of the issues.

Jun 2, 2013
I just got my Hofzinsers. I have also made my own Hofzinser (after purchasing the DVD Download). Both of them looked okay, but I honestly thought that my Hofzinser had a cleaner surface than Jeremy's (and both stuck out in the deck, not a perfect size).

I know that you have bought Hofzinsers before, Krab. Were your cards able to perfecally align with the deck? Or did they also have some obvious imperfections like mine....

Jun 2, 2013
I just got my Hofzinsers. I have also made my own Hofzinser (after purchasing the DVD Download). Both of them looked okay, but I honestly thought that my Hofzinser had a cleaner surface than Jeremy's (and both stuck out in the deck, not a perfect size).

I know that you have bought Hofzinsers before, Krab. Were your cards able to perfecally align with the deck? Or did they also have some obvious imperfections like mine....

Apr 17, 2013

The first one I picked up was at Magifest in 1994. It wasn't that great. That same year I attended a lecture on card splitting and he had some for sale. These were much better. It took me a few years to get mine perfect, but in the end it is worth it. Honestly after the lecture from Martini I make 99% of my own gaffs now.

Jun 2, 2013
After crafting a few more Hofzinsers, I have succeeded in making a "perfect" Hofzinser Card on my 4th try. It perfectly aligns with the deck, has just the right thickness and even has some snap in it. Also, it reflects the hidden card at my desired brightness setting.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion on Martini's lecture. In the future, I will make all my gaffs using the techniques shown in this DVD.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results