Hofzzy Osbourne and Click Change too difficult?

Oct 18, 2007
I've been doing magic for a month now and can do most of the stuff (still working on the Braue Reversal) from Crash Course 1. Are Hoffzy Osbourne and the Click change too difficult for me? Do you have to be an advanced card manipulator to do them? Or do they just require practice and anyone could do it? I was just wondering since I heard someone else say that they've been working on Tivo 2.0 for a couple months and still can't do it. Are these like that? Or easier?

Sep 1, 2007
I'd say hold off for a while. The click change you might be able to get away with, but I think Hofzzy might be a little advanced.

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
hoffzy is a more advanced then the click change the only thing you need to do to it is PRACTICE I know u didnt want to hear that but thats the true man there isnt another reason why u cant do it :D just practice practice

Oct 18, 2007
I'm all up for practice! I was just making sure it wasn't impossible. I play piano and you can't just start off by learning a Chopin; it really is impossible because your fingers just wouldn't know how to do it. But you're saying this is something that would just take a bit of extra practice time for a beginner? And also, how does the Click Change compare to the Spin Change in difficulty?

Sep 2, 2007
The Click Change is performable with practice.

There are no necessary prerequisites, and it is very possible -- it's not "impossible." In regards to the Spin Change, it's similar, such that with practice it can be performed to perfection. But, again, the master-word is practice, practice ... (and dedication, but practice sounds better :D).

Cheers,
JTM

Aug 31, 2007
Let's not be too optimistic here...

One month in magic and you're taking up the Trilogy? Go practise your basics more, man. Magic isn't so easily learnt. Get some Hugard Books and learn the hardcore basics.

- harapan. magic!

Oct 6, 2007
Im no expert, but a month really is too little of a time period to be learning something so advanced as the trilogy. The trilogy really is for people to develop their XCM skills, or at least for people who have been intto XCM for a bit. (OR a least i THINK thats what the trilogy is).

Even if what im saying isnt a fact, you still have got to get used to a pack of cards first- learn the basics, learn basic flourishes and changed before attempting these more advanced ones.

Oct 18, 2007
I know, and that's why I decided not to buy the whole Trilogy. I just thought these looked really nice to know and I wanted to learn them if it was possible. I'm certainly going to practice the "basics" more. I just wanted to know how to do these too. If I could do them with practice then wouldn't it be good to learn them?

I suppose for $5 each I really can't go wrong. They could be something I work on for a while, but I do that with piano songs all the time :). I'm looking at the Molecule cut also. Are there any prerequisites for that?

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
I don't think you'll have any problems as long as you take it slowly. If you want to get back to your piano analogy, no one's going to expect you to pick up a piece and play it all the way through at once - you perfect the whole piece by learning a section, practicing it til you've got it right, then moving on to the next bit. The same applies for magic - practice one move til you get it, and then and only then move onto the next step.

Rome wasn't built in a day mate.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I wouldn'tt recoimmend the trilogy especially flourishwise, the tricks yes you'll probably need a couple months or more, I am into magic for almost a year and I have it, and it took me like a whole month to perfect the TiVo 2.0, but thats perfect not be able to do, I can do it with my eyes closed now, Hoffzy Osbourne is kind of easy compared to TiVo2.0 and Queens, those are the hardest tricks for me, I got Hoffzy Osbourne in a couple of days, and now it's one of my favourites from the DVD, the Click change won't be hard if you know a certaain well known move that I won't say out of fear of exposure, the Jones change they taught wrong but it's easy to figure out, so basicly if you gonna buy, practice A LOT, you won't be happy if someone figures out such a good trick as TiVO 2.0 or Hoffzy Osbourne, so if you gonna buy, don't buy the flourish section!!!!!(way too hard!!!), and practice a lot, because I know you'll probably be able to do Subway it's not hard, and maybe some other tricks like Card Accross or card to mouth, those aren't tough, but because of the immense practice you'll have to do, even for Hoffzy Osbourne and Click change, don't get it for another couple of months, get Royal Road to Card magic, to get you a really good at the basics

Aug 31, 2007
nemosum:

Everything can come with practice.

It's practising EFFECIENTLY that I am trying to advise here.

Learn your basics right, DON'T buy the Trilogy UNTIL you've gotten concrete foundation. DON't even buy sections of it. That means months and years of practising basic stuff.

Not knowing tricks from Trilogy doesn't mean you're lousy or old fashioned. But learning the correct stuff for your current skill level means you're clever and dedicated.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
Cut him some slack, he just want to know if he can "LEARN" hoffzy osbourne with what he knows. well the fact is he can, the sleights used in the move can often be subsitued with another easier one if u know them. so it is definately something u can manage lets say, a month

Oct 18, 2007
Thanks for all the replies guys. Someone suggested getting Royal Road to Card Magic. I don't learn all too well from books, but there are the dvds. However, when i watched the preview for the dvds I got the implication that you had to have both the books and the dvds. Is that true? Or would I be just fine with the dvds only? I don't think I'll get it right now, since I've been wanting to get Crash Course 2 for a while, but maybe for a future purchase?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results