Holding a double lift.

Nov 20, 2007
Maryland
www.myspace.com
Well i have been doing close up magic for some time but i still have some trouble holding the double lift on some of my tricks.I was wondering if anyone has some tips on holding a double lift.

what i do is get a break under the to two cards and then as i pick the cards up i scrape the cards against the deck as i turn it over. if done correctly then it should look like you turned over the card like a book. it should look natural.

Calling him a nublet is going to help him?:rolleyes:
I also recomend Double Take by Greg Wilson.
The secret to the whole thing is to turn over the card(s) like you would turn over 1 card. Video tape yourself turning over 1 card then 2 then adjust from there.
Robbie

How about just trying the beginning of the Jones Change? It's flashy and people will never believe you could be holding 2 cards while spinning them. Go to the media section for the Jones Change tutorial ... for FREE. Just learn the beginning and you'll be set.

On a side note ... does anyone know where to learn the double lift Wayne does on the Distortion DVD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
California
Well I do the Ginastaire double so I'm not sure how to answer that question. Just do the beginning of the Jones Change, as stated above, and you'll be good to go. I also prefer the Spin Doctor Double.

Nov 20, 2007
If what your having trouble doing is holding the cards as one away from the deck I'd suggest bending them a bit to keep them flush.

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
Just keep practicing. Work on a standard double, then a push off double. Keep doing it a million or two times and eventually it'll look good. When I first started doing DLs I did it over and over while I watched TV or just sat araound BSing with people.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
Just keep doing it
a double lift should come naturally after a while
it should be a move you don't pay attention to
or if you do everyone else will too

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results