Holey by Will Tsai-Review

Mar 10, 2011
Hello all! well, Holey by W. Tsai just got here and overall I am quite impressed. So, lets get down to what you get with the DVD.

What you get:
There are a few things you get when you get the DVD. You not only receive the gimmick, but you get two types of the gimmick for different situations. Each type is said to make about 40 gimmicks; and , if you are conservative with the materials, should make more than 40. Each gimmick, if cared for properly, should last between 1 and perhaps 12 performances. To explain, the only way that one gimmick wouldn't last a lifetime is because you would lose it or you neglect to buy another material that makes the gimmick last longer.

If you happen to run completely out of gimmicks, I have devised a method to make a lifetime supply of the gimmick for under $10 (for me, the exact price was $9.08). Granted, making this improvised gimmick takes a little more time to assemble, but is just as good. honestly, the hardest part was driving to Joann to acquire all the materials. If you have any questions On how to make the gimmick, PM me :).

Aspects of Difficulty
I have not had an incredible amount of exposure to Will's effects, but he touched very lightly on presentation and the psychology of the effect. As with all effects, though, there is a difference between "just some trick" and "that one effect" that people remember for a lifetime. Although you would have to BUTCHER the entire effect to make it "just some trick"; I personally think other than some of us on this site, you all can make this the easiest home run you've ever batted.

I think it would also be fair to mention that there is some prep work involved before the performance. this preparation is what most of us call the "bathroom prep", meaning that it takes about the time it would take to go drain one. On the bright side, it would be feasible to just take the hole off the card and that would be the end of it. This, however, defeats the purpose of the trick Will outlined. He wanted the card not only as a souvenir, but also as a piece of evidence.

Overall
This effect is well worth the money and would be very difficult to be discovered by the laymen. With the added perk that the card can be signed and the same premise may be applied to any card type object (business card, dollar bill, and even a credit card), you have a pretty good "to to" effect that that's also a knockout.

If any of you have any questions, please either PM me or just post on here!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results