Holiday Contest

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
The description is a little bit vague, so let me see if I understand this correctly.

Say I buy 10 things then I get 10 points, right?

So I can take all 10 points and put it towards the David Copperfield prize so now I have 10 opportunities to win that prize?

OR....I can divide those 10 points up and put 2 points towards each of the 5 prizes which would essentially mean I have 2 chances to win each of the 5 prizes?

If the above is correct, then can I buy 10 items in one transaction? Or do I have to have 10 separate transactions?

Thanks.

As I understand it, no matter what you purchase and in any form (all together, all separate, etc.), you will receive one point per product. You can then put any amount of points in any prize category. Zach Mueller talked about this further in his Insider video:

http://media.theory11.com/5885-The-Insider---Monarch-Madness

What I would like to see are Official Rules so that I know exactly how the holiday contest works. Theory11 has had links to these in the past holiday giveaways and I'm surprised there isn't one now, but hopefully they'll put something up soon.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Each product you purchase is one chance to win. If you order 3 decks, that's three points. If you order 12 decks and 3 DVD's, that's 15 points. Every product on theory11 qualifies, including downloads on The Wire. After you complete your order, you will be given access to a special link where you divvy up those points across our 5 prizes.

If you want to put ALL of your points in one prize package (ie, meet David Copperfield!) - you absolutely can. Or if you want to even out your chances, you can put some points towards each prize. The choice is yours. All entries are verified and secure, and prizes will be drawn on January 1st using a mathematically random draw.

Pro tip: we'll be posting a link where you (everyone!) can get one free point within the next 2 hours. Stay tuned and use it! It's on the house, and you could take home something awesome.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Downloads do count as points - any product you purchase (playing cards, vids, anything). Free downloads do not apply, but we're dishing out one free point to everyone later today so you can see how it all works (and have a free chance to win)!

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
Each product you purchase is one chance to win. If you order 3 decks, that's three points. If you order 12 decks and 3 DVD's, that's 15 points. Every product on theory11 qualifies, including downloads on The Wire. After you complete your order, you will be given access to a special link where you divvy up those points across our 5 prizes.

If you want to put ALL of your points in one prize package (ie, meet David Copperfield!) - you absolutely can. Or if you want to even out your chances, you can put some points towards each prize. The choice is yours. All entries are verified and secure, and prizes will be drawn on January 1st using a mathematically random draw.

Pro tip: we'll be posting a link where you (everyone!) can get one free point within the next 2 hours. Stay tuned and use it! It's on the house, and you could take home something awesome.

Thanks JB...that clears up the contest much better.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I must have missed it, how is the winner determined? Is it like a raffle and every point is a different ticket?

Oct 22, 2011
He said that the winner will be mathematically chosen, i.e. random. So yes, that would imply that this is essentially a raffle, and every purchase is a ticket.

Sep 10, 2011
Theory11 shoud take into consideration that some of us are buying tricks that cost alot of money. And not a whole bunch of 1.85 bicycle cards. Do we get more points because of our big purchases? Im about to spend close to 200 dollars and only for about 16 points.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
So... Am I understanding correctly that total of 5 people walking out with a prize?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Hey Guys, great question / concern and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability. theory11 has decided to run the contest this way so it is fair for ALL of our members including our members who are out of the country. Last year the contest favored people who made purchases that required items to be shipped out of the warehouse and this caused some frustration for people overseas. Now with the downloads being included, we've opened the doors to even more of our members who might not have purchased something due to the shipping.

This is a huge thank you to you guys for all of your support over the past year. We want everyone to get excited and enjoy the contest. Imagine if you are a young kid at home who might only want or may only be able to afford one deck of cards or one download. This method allows everyone to benefit and have a chance at the great prizes up for grabs.

If anyone has any other questions, JB may be stopping in. Other than that, let the fun begin!

Nov 11, 2011
Ottawa Canada
Is it just me or is anyone else seeming to be having a difficult time with the submit button for the contest. Unsure if it is recording the submission or not. :confused:

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Is it just me or is anyone else seeming to be having a difficult time with the submit button for the contest. Unsure if it is recording the submission or not. :confused:

The "submit" button should light up once you have divvied up all available points. If hitting "submit" doesn't work, let us know what browser you're using and we will check into it for you. If you're not already doing so, we recommend using a modern browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

Nov 11, 2011
Ottawa Canada
The "submit" button should light up once you have divvied up all available points. If hitting "submit" doesn't work, let us know what browser you're using and we will check into it for you. If you're not already doing so, we recommend using a modern browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Apple Safari.

I have used both IE, and Mozilla Firefox. When I hit submit, it does light up but it still shows the point being available, hence, the reason for my confusion. Does it record and still show the point as available.

Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles
So I ordered six decks of monarchs this morning...and checked out as I always do, but never got anything about points or where to put them or anything? Did I miss something??

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results