Holiday Contest

Dec 7, 2013
Paris
well I have seen many ppl criticizing the wheel....well here are some points to notice...I think t11 is the only website thats giving everyone a chance at the holiday giveaways by giving away 1 entry per day free.... Even if we are getting 50 elite points i think if we spin the wheel everyday till 30th dec we'll end up with enough points to purchase a couple of tricks from the wire.

Its a win wn situation for everyone

If any member of the t11 is reading this I would like to thank you guys for giving away free tokens for the wheel and hope that you guys always continue to have contests with free entries for everyone
Personnaly i win 1000 points , and the first day I spin the wheel I wan ultimate brick but when i go on my checkout i couldn't see what i win . i was very disappointed . That was because I had not created an account just before . What a pitie ! ( escuse me for the english Im french lol )

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
Sir, I could not agree more with you. The opportunity to get an entry for free every day is amazing, I haven't seen any other company do that.

However, even if the wheel animation is really cool, it seems that it is not fair since the chance of falling in the grand prize should be one in 16 – yet only one of the thousands of tickets will get the prize to go to Vegas. Of course this is perfectly fine, there can be only one winner but... what's the point of the wheel then? It is a lot of fun indeed, but it is also deceiving, for sure.

I have won a bunch of Elite points so far and I can only thank t11 for giving spins away from free – I haven't spent a single buck in magic since I ordered Overstuft (I can't wait to get it in my hands!!).

Have a nice holiday season, everyone!

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Sir, I could not agree more with you. The opportunity to get an entry for free every day is amazing, I haven't seen any other company do that.

However, even if the wheel animation is really cool, it seems that it is not fair since the chance of falling in the grand prize should be one in 16 – yet only one of the thousands of tickets will get the prize to go to Vegas. Of course this is perfectly fine, there can be only one winner but... what's the point of the wheel then? It is a lot of fun indeed, but it is also deceiving, for sure.

I have won a bunch of Elite points so far and I can only thank t11 for giving spins away from free – I haven't spent a single buck in magic since I ordered Overstuft (I can't wait to get it in my hands!!).

Have a nice holiday season, everyone!

I can assure you that each Grand Prize is NOT a 1 in 16 chance. The odds of winning a prize are not reflected by the size of the 'piece of pie'. There is only 1 of each Grand Prize, and they are by far the hardest thing to land on. The odds are set in our system, and when you spin your prize is determined by a random chance based on those odds. Nothing is rigged at all, and everyone had the exact same fair shot to win a prize that everyone else has.

Have a great week!

// L

XabierL

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2010
I can assure you that each Grand Prize is NOT a 1 in 16 chance. The odds of winning a prize are not reflected by the size of the 'piece of pie'. There is only 1 of each Grand Prize, and they are by far the hardest thing to land on. The odds are set in our system, and when you spin your prize is determined by a random chance based on those odds. Nothing is rigged at all, and everyone had the exact same fair shot to win a prize that everyone else has.

Have a great week!

// L

Haha, that's what I meant more or less, but I didn't know how to explain it. Since the chances of winning a grand prize are not 1 to 16 (of course!) the wheel seems to be rigged and it's frustrating. I was just trying to say that since it seems that you should win once every 16 times, people may think the wheel is tricked or something.

I wasn't saying the contest is "fake" or "not fair", I was just saying the wheel could make it look so. I have absolutely no problem with the wheel, I've won some Elite points for free!

Xa2

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Yes..to many people complaining of free stuff... crazy isn´t it?...I don´t feel nothing but gratitude!! even if I just win elite points, I am still getting something out of the blue!!...Thanks T11!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the generosity provided by theory11, but you're right, it is a little misleading. Spinning a wheel would imply an equal chance for each of different spaces, with some varying degree depending on the size of the spaces. But as Lyle pointed out, obviously there's not as great as a 1 in 16 chance of success at the grand prize.

Still, it's creative and I applaud theory11 for trying something new.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results